What did you ask/answer/learn on A2K today?

dlowan

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 06:11 am
Haha.....

I learned that the Scientific American uses surprisingly emotive language when describing the activities of black holes...
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 06:17 am
I learned that yellow text on this board is bad for the eyes. . . .good lord, woman, watch where you click! Laughing
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 02:29 pm
I learned that the IRS might reward you for reporting tax fraud.

A bit of info crucial to a long-running internal debate I've been having (about nations that are unable to collect even 50% of the taxes due to them).
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 02:38 pm
I learned not to post a link until I read thoroughly about the site. Thanks to Joe of Chicago.

I asked about the connotation of the word "honor" and I answered some unanswered posts. Sometimes the creators of the threads never come back to acknowledge what you've tried to do. grrrrrrrrr.

I answered Roberta's thread about an editing question, but didn't get a reply.

I did some searching on the latest one reelers on American Movie Classics, and came up with some great stuff.

I also learned not to try and put myself in the shoes of Edward who drove a trolley.
0 Replies

soserene

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 03:09 pm
Letty wrote:

I also learned not to try and put myself in the shoes of Edward who drove a trolley.

LOL me too
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 03:15 pm
Hey, soserene, That's why you're so serene. Smile

and if I haven't before, I would like to make this a big welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 03:51 pm
I'm thinking of throwing myself off the frickin' trolley!

I will admit to enjoying the interaction but boy does Joe keep on coming back again and again ...
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 04:09 pm
Yeah, Heeven. I'm thinkin' the same thing, but greater than the trolley is the fact that Ralph Nader is gonna screw things up again....Just learned that on CNN. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 04:11 pm
Letty- Yeah, I just saw that. doesn't that guy ever give up?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 04:27 pm
It's fun!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 04:43 pm
Phoenix, He's unsafe at any speed. I think he's a Republican in green clothing.

Fun? Yeah, Deb. Fun! and he'll have fun, fun, fun til his daddy takes his Corvette away...(Guess I get hung up on the Beach Boys sometimes.)
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 04:50 pm
I learned that persistence and high intellectual standards are off-putting to many people.

e.g. what Joe is doing might make you want to jump off the trolley, but only because of the rigor of his intellect.
0 Replies

soserene

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 04:55 pm
Letty wrote:
Hey, soserene, That's why you're so serene. Smile

and if I haven't before, I would like to make this a big welcome to A2K.

Thanks!! I'm enjoying it so far!!
0 Replies

soserene

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 05:45 pm
I just learned something else.

Men KNOW about hand held massagers!! *GASP*

And here us women leave it under our bedside table all innocent like... thinkin that we're gettin one off. (no pun intended) lol
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 06:02 pm
Oh, my goodness. I knew this thread would go from intellect to sex. Are they mutually exclusive? Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 06:43 pm
No.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 06:51 pm
Agreed, rabbit..Someone once told me that if it don't work in the head..it don't work in bed.

Goodnight, my friend
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 07:59 pm
Letty, on the editing question, I believe Roberta holds different posting hours than you do. She is usually very good, more than most, about monitoring her topics, so I bet she'll answer your post sometime.

I read a lot and post a lot, and learn bunches every day. I want to wait until a non-work day to list what I learned and did.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 10:00 pm
I just learned, just now, that Nader is throwing his hat in the ring.

Really??

(Off to look, hoping against hope it's a scurrilous rumor [CNN, though?], and also hoping that I will be able to avoid huge and public explosions of anger if anyone says they support him if it turns out to be true...)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 10:02 pm
No, no, no, I don't want to hear it, no.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/28/2024 at 04:56:48