What did you ask/answer/learn on A2K today?

dlowan

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 01:55 am
OK Bill! You hafta give urls for that lot! Pleeeeeeeeeeeze?????
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 02:00 am
A2K isn't about learning this fact, or that fact.

For me, it's about connecting with other people and sharing a small part of ourselves. It's reaching out, and finding other people that I can converse with.

So while I can say that I learned that $1.63 for a gallon of gas may seem expensive for me and it's a lot worse in other parts of the country/world, that's not the point. No, the point is sharing our lives with other people.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 02:54 am
dlowan wrote:
OK Bill! You hafta give urls for that lot! Pleeeeeeeeeeeze?????
I'll try. If this works, each item should now be a link to its respective url. :wink:
What did you ask today?
Who knows where to get cheap electronics in bulk?

What did you answer today?
I shared my grocery store secrets.. :wink:
My belief that gas is cheap; too cheap. Idea
I suggested a potential suicide risk should consider robbing a bank instead. Shocked

What did you learn on A2K today?
I learned that you are only 24 and I'm amazed. Confused
That many A2Kers are not who I initially perceived them to be: Some fakers, some I inexplicably misclassified. Rolling Eyes Can't share this one, sorry
And Letty's thread jarred my memory of what I believe to be my first conscious defiance of authority… Which was a recurring theme in my early years that may just have been the results of a dinner debate when I was 4 or 5? Shocked Interesting.
I learned how to make fancy links to other pages per dlowan's request. :wink:

A rather interesting day, thanks for asking… and providing the space to ask, answer and learn.

edit= fixed link I hope
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 03:03 am
LOL! Well done!

But you have not - perforce perhaps - linked to the big one: "That many A2Kers are not who I initially perceived them to be: Some fakers, some I inexplicably misclassified. Can't share this one, sorry "

That's the one I wanted to know about! Sigh.....wanders off with droopy ears.....
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 03:18 am
Damn it bunny, why didn't you just say so? Shocked The statement couldn't be linked because it is a)numerous b)not fair to some relatively new folks who's initial personas became rather fluid, rather quickly. Not necessarily bad, but different (being PC sucks Confused ).
The misclassifications were age and gender issues, so I probably shouldn't mention those either. It is not my wish to offend anyone (except you, of course :wink: ).
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 04:56 am
Grrrrrr....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 05:55 am
I learned the romantic tale of how gus first met his beloved Gertrude.
Romantic Tale
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 06:41 am
I responded to a question asking about gas prices in my area.

I asked Ony if I could ride on her float.

I shared my sympathies for bug that was killed right before he was going to kill himself. (Gus thread)

I gave advice on an age difference thread.

The day has just begun :-D
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 06:51 am
I learned that I can figure out a lot of computer problems by myself. I posed a question on A2K this morning:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19304

I decided to dig a bit, and found the reason for the problem, and some possible solutions. I still need a little hand holding though, 'cause in some computer areas, I am still a bit "chicken"! Sad
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 11:22 am
hmm, well this evening I learned a bit about the security issues of website session ID's from Craven, and answered some techie-type questions.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 12:43 pm
marking until I remember what I've learned.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 01:00 pm
I learned that Al Franken played Syuart Smalley.

I'd had no idea.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 02:32 pm
Tell me who Syuart Smalley is and I will have learned something, too.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 02:37 pm
dlowan- Don't feel bad. I didn't know who Stuart Smalley was either. I stopped watching Saturday Nite Live just about the time Gilda Radner died!

Link to Stuart Smalley
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 02:37 pm
It's a character on saturday night live, and I think he even parlayed into a movie. He was this touchy-feely supersensitive character who would look into a mirror and affirm to himself that "I'm smart enough, I'm good enough, and gosh darn it, people like me!". Pretty funny.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 02:49 pm
Do you know what I learned, not today.....but relevent for all times?

If I hit the default button for the font color, and my hand slips a little, the post will come out in yellow!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 02:52 pm
Thanks - now I know who Stuart Smalley is!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 02:54 pm
And do you feel better, or worse?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 02:55 pm
BTW Bill, ya didn't learn my age. I'm not 24. Laughing

Tee hee hee
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 02:55 pm
PLEASE NO YELLOW = Wink
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/28/2024 at 06:12:04