Worried Bank Will Take My money, suggestions please!

Tue 26 Jun, 2012 12:49 am
I had an overdraft fee From USbank in 2011, and when I took 2 semesters at a Community College, i was expecting a residual check, had written some checks a couple days prior to getting it, but from some outstanding fees I was unaware of, i didn't get the residual check. This was from BofA, It was 3 or 4 checks totaling around 300-700, i cant remember exactly how much, but they charged me a $34 fee, and charged me it 2 times a day for each bad check, til the fines were a little over $1,000, I refused to pay that, and its been a couple years now, but im certain I would be on ChexSystems for those things happening. I also Owe BofA some money for 2 Student Loans, It's been a rough couple of years.

My question is, I filed an Unpaid Wages claim for my last employer not paying me for a little over a month and won, I went to Chase bank to open a savings account, told them about the bad checks a couple years back from BofA so I probably couldn't open a checking account, but when they ran my name, they said I was good to get a checking account.

I was just reading another forum where the guy says:

"You can bank elsewhere. However, you should know that all banks computers are linked together. You cannot open a bank account in another bank without the first bank knowing about it, and they can, and probably will, take the money you owe them from your new account."

Is there any truth to that having student loans, hospital and/or other bills, owing overdraft fees from a bank account last year or 3yrs ago that they could take my money from this new account!

If there is will someone please tell me, so i can immediately go close that account and keep the cash somewhere safely in my home?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 3,829 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

roger

Tue 26 Jun, 2012 08:00 pm
@thebellbell,
I believe the statement to be false.
Lustig Andrei

Tue 26 Jun, 2012 08:35 pm
@roger,
I agree with Roger. The fact that bank computers are all linked doesn't mean that one bank is allowed to take funds out of the accounts at another. Just doesn't work that way.
0 Replies

JoshuaRodriguez

Sun 7 Oct, 2012 02:42 am
@thebellbell,
Just after your bank account is arranged to work with, get ready to enjoy utilizing its benefits. The features of each traditional bank that provides you with a 2nd chance account, change accordingly. Most of the banking institutions provide all of the facilities belonging to the regular banking institutions. For instance , the transactions with regards to the Atm machine center, check delivering, paying the bills by means of on-line providers and lots of others. Additionally, you are able to re establish an excellent bank record if you have a great reputation, that is, with virtually no check-bouncing, unsettled financial loans, and so on, it will be possible that you should enjoy a typical bank account once again. For this reason, it is simple to work with improving your credit score, provided you keep a excellent reputation along with your bank. These days, several finance institutions offer you their options when it comes to financial bank account to people with tainted credit ranking. A number of people have been supplied with second option checking accounts because the previous fiscal deficits they have experienced.
0 Replies