Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 11:39 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 724 • Replies: 8
No top replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 11:44 am
But, there have been hip and alternative worship forms for the past 40 years, beginning with Catholic "guitar masses" or "folk masses" immediately after Vatican II.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 11:44 am
I went to some postmodern worship training about 18 months ago - good but different and I'm very progressive.

I think it's going to be shocking for the 50's and up crowd in general.

Was going to start something in November - but I got cool feedback the church politic!! <grrrrr>
So I'm working on another plan.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 11:50 am
The who is Jesus from the above post site - I like it
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 10:41 pm
Great article, BBB! I get headline news from NYT, but somehow I missed it.

I'm considered "progressive" too, husker. I know how it feels. We're draggin' 'em kickin' & screamin' into the 20th Century, ain't we? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 11:14 am
I just returned to attending Quaker Meetings after a 28 year hiatus.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 12:58 pm
plainoldme
plainoldme, what caused you to return to the fold after so many years?

BBB
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 10:41 am
BBB,
I have been unsuccessfully seeking work for several years and have had only part-time and temporary jobs. The shelf life of my optimism expired and I found myself rehearsing over and over again in my mind every mistake I had ever made. I was also unable to clean up my house, despite willing myself and bribing myself and telling myself what bad feng shui I was generating.

As the year rolled to an end, I resolved to address spiritual and psychological issues (which may or may not be the same but certainly overlap) and decided to return to meeting. (I had been a member of Detroit meeting but when I moved to New England with my former husband, he had no interest in attending. As I lived in NAshua, NH then, I tried two NH meetings then thought I would see what Cambridge meeting was like. My ex said he would come. When we got to HArvard Sq., he bought the Boston Globe and the NYTimes and sat in the car and read while I was at meeting. I was so uncomfortable that I never went again.)

I also decided to try Pilates and to return to yoga, to not let the fact that night had fallen keep me from taking the kitchen scraps out to the mulch pile and to journal.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 11:10 am
plainoldme
plainoldme, it sounds like you've found a comforting group to help you out of what appears to be a period of depression. I hope it works for you.

BBB
0 Replies