raprap

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 10:02 am
One wonders how many jobs lost, how many careers ruined, how many people imprisioned.

Positive drug test results due to soap

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47814187/ns/health-health_care/

Rap
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,132 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 10:08 am
@raprap,
What the hell are they giving babies drug tests for? Aside from other implications, this is crazy.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 10:11 am
@Ceili,
From the above link
Quote:
Newborn screening for exposure to marijuana is common, and is especially recommended for babies born to women considered to be "high risk" for drug use, such as those who do not come in for prenatal care visits, Hammett-Stabler said. At UNC Chapel Hill, 10 to 40 percent of babies born in the hospital receive the test each month, Seashore said.

They wouldn't have any legal right to do so here in Germany. (It can be done, though, if the newborns show any abnormalities which could be drug-related with consense of the parents or a court ruling.)
Ceili

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 10:15 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I read that. I still don't get it. It's seems like overkill to me.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 10:24 am
I'm not just concerned about the results from newborn tests. If some commonly used commercial soaps lead to a positive uring test result here, how many of the positives in the general public are the result of these flawed tests procedures.

IOW is this just another excess of the flawed 'War on Drugs.'

Rap

Ceili

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 10:32 am
@raprap,
I agree, but another flaw of drug test are that while most drugs leave the system very quickly, pot tends to stick around. They high does not. How many people are fired for being impaired when it is simply not the truth.
0 Replies

Isabela

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 02:26 pm
@raprap,
why they are doing tests in babies. they shouldnt do this to babies.
0 Replies