Do Watermelons Exist?

Ragman

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 11:11 am
@edgarblythe,
http://www.bayoucityoutdoors.com/clubportal/ClubStatic.cfm?clubID=3&pubmenuoptID=11318

Is this useful info to you about organic produce in Houston?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 11:17 am
I appreciate your effort. I know there is a farmer's market in Tomball, but it shuts down for the summer once the really hot weather kicks in. I had heard a few stories and did not know if they could be trusted. One tale involves a man buying vegies at HEB and then selling them at a high price at a local farmer's market. I really don't have a lot of money and don't spend much gas chasing down bargains and such.
Ragman

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 11:27 am
@edgarblythe,
Sorry to see that. I know you're very health-conscious so I wanted to try to help where and however I could.

I wonder if locally I can find organic watermelon at Whole Foods here. I suspect I'm limited by what they'd (over)charge, as well.

{Edit: I just checked with Whole Foods (large organic health food chain)locally and it's roughly about $1/per lb when it's avaialble, though not available at the moment.}
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 11:57 am
Every melon we bought at HEB this season has been terrible. I got some good ones at Kroger.
0 Replies