Question about Platos ideas

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 03:08 pm
The question given to me is thus: Locke believed that the mind at birth was a "blank slate..." in contrast to the "______________ ideas of Plato."

I know that Plato believed we were born with all knowledge, and that we just have to recall it... but I have not been able to fill in the blank above! Can anyone help???
Thanks! Becca~
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,467 • Replies: 4
No top replies

rrobinson2

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 03:23 pm
@rrobinson2,
I think I got it! "The theory of Recollection"! If anyone knows this to be inaccurate, please let me know~ I've been studying my hind end off for my final tomorrow and a few of these review questions are killing me! LOL!
dlowan

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 09:02 pm
@rrobinson2,
Looks like the best answer I can see, but I have only a scanty knowledge of Plato.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 10:10 pm
@rrobinson2,
Sounds right to me, too, but it's a strangely convoluted kind of question and -- not knowing your prof -- it's hard to know just what precisely he/she is looking for.
rrobinson2

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 06:18 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Yes, he tends to word questions sorta weird! Turned out to be Innate Ideas... Found the answer, luckily, before the test today!
0 Replies