Lindsay Lohan rear-ends dump-truck

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2012 11:11 pm
Continuing next chapter in the Lohan saga. From Hollywood Reporter:

Quote:
Details about Lindsay Lohan's car accident have been released by the Santa Monica Police Department.

The report confirms a crash on the Pacific Coast Highway involving a black black Porsche occupied by Lohan and an unidentified adult male and a large dump truck at 11:42 a.m on Friday, June 8.

The preliminary investigation revealed that both vehicles were driving northbound on the Pacific Coast Highway when the Porsche struck the rear end of the dump truck. The police still have not determined a cause.

The report also notes that Lohan and the man with her were determined to be not impaired and were transported to a hospital with minor injuries. The police did not reveal who was driving the Porsche. The driver of the dump truck was also uninjured.

Later in the day, Lohan returned to the set of the currently filming Lifetime TV movie Liz & Dick, in which she is portraying Elizabeth Taylor (opposite Grant Bowler's Richard Burton).

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/lindsay-lohan-car-crash-police-report-335427

farmerman

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 04:26 am
@Lustig Andrei,
more drama in the life of somme over coddled celebrity. Give her a DUI, send her to court, add another 200 hoiurs to her pubic service list.
Shell be 95 before shes done cleaning urinals in the park.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 05:09 am
@Lustig Andrei,
If I had parents like her? Money, hungry, celebrity, hungry, non loving parents? I'd go to the drink like she did, let alone fame got her.

Doesn't suprise me.. She wants to get on top of this but she cant.

With money as well she's been used in relationships..Then tried in relationships and is not sure of what "type" of relationship she wants either.

Mixed up "kid" as most of them are, hope she is not another drug fueled death we read about in the near future of "non coping"..
Ragman

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 06:20 am
@FOUND SOUL,
She heeds a nanny plus a chauffeur.
0 Replies

JeffreyEqualityNewma

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 07:42 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Another piece of wasted life and do we eally care.......put her behind bars until she detoxifies from every drug she has ever taken - in other words for a long long time. She is spoiled and pampered and needs to become responsible.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 08:03 am
@JeffreyEqualityNewma,

Quote:
Another piece of wasted life and do we eally care.......put her behind bars until she detoxifies from every drug she has ever taken - in other words for a long long time. She is spoiled and pampered and needs to become responsible.

You are being a bit too (harshly) judgmental for my taste, Jeffrey, but you certainly have a right to your opinion--and to be as harshly judgmental as you want.

I would hope we do not begin to put people into jail because they are spoiled, pampered, and are not particularly responsible--because we would need lots more jails! Our cities and towns are filled to the brim with spoiled, pampered, not particularly responsible people.

Lohan is doing what she wants to do...even the self-destructive stuff. I suggest the proper thing to do is to attempt to show her that self-destructive behavior is...well, self-destructive--and hope that she heeds the warnings and advice. I hope she straightens out. If she doesn't, she will self-destruct.

As long as she is not hurting others, that should be her right.
snood

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 08:34 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Quote:

You are being a bit too (harshly) judgmental for my taste, Jeffrey, but you certainly have a right to your opinion--and to be as harshly judgmental as you want.

I would hope we do not begin to put people into jail because they are spoiled, pampered, and are not particularly responsible--because we would need lots more jails! Our cities and towns are filled to the brim with spoiled, pampered, not particularly responsible people.

Lohan is doing what she wants to do...even the self-destructive stuff. I suggest the proper thing to do is to attempt to show her that self-destructive behavior is...well, self-destructive--and hope that she heeds the warnings and advice. I hope she straightens out. If she doesn't, she will self-destruct.

As long as she is not hurting others, that should be her right.

Wonderfully egalitarian view. Most addicts hurt others in their self-centered thrashing through life. This one also happens to be focused on by the feverish papparazi as what might be seen as some kind of trendy jet-setter by teens and twenty-somethings. And her half-dozen slaps on the wrist by the authorities only enbolden her, add to the impression that justice favors the wealthy and/or celebrated and/or white, and makes even more vauge the notion of negative lifestyles having consequences. But yeah, let's not interfere in her finding herself.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 09:04 am
@snood,
Quote:
Wonderfully egalitarian view. Most addicts hurt others in their self-centered thrashing through life. This one also happens to be focused on by the feverish papparazi as what might be seen as some kind of trendy jet-setter by teens and twenty-somethings. And her half-dozen slaps on the wrist by the authorities only enbolden her, add to the impression that justice favors the wealthy and/or celebrated and/or white, and makes even more vauge the notion of negative lifestyles having consequences. But yeah, let's not interfere in her finding herself.

Or we could throw her into a gulag for the rest of her life...or until she changes to the way we want her to be rather than what she wants to be.

In fact, we could do that to all the people who want to be what they want to be rather than what...some nebulous "we"...wants them to be.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 09:12 am
I couldn't give less of a **** what she "wants to be". If I could be oblivious to the discrepancy in how she's treated compared to how the average schmoe would be treated for the same infractions; along with frequent updates on her fashion choices, lip injections and beaver flashings, I would be pleased as punch to not have any opinion on her at all.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 09:29 am
@snood,
Quote:
I would be pleased as punch to not have any opinion on her at all.

That should be easier to accomplish than you are making it, Snood. Posting your opinions on her in a public forum is not help at all in that direction.
djjd62

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 10:01 am
can't believe there's never been a sex tape, that's basically the only movie of hers i'd watch
Ragman

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 10:01 am
@djjd62,
why?
djjd62

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 10:03 am
@Ragman,
i think she's a sexy mess

i quite liked the marilyn-esque pics she did a few years ago

plus, i got a thing for freckled redheads
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 10:49 am
All this talk about how she needs to detoxify ignores the fact that she was clean when the accident happened and we aren't even sure if she was driving.

Oh well. You get arrested three times for drugs and everyone thinks you do drugs all the time.
snood

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 11:17 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Quote:
I would be pleased as punch to not have any opinion on her at all.

That should be easier to accomplish than you are making it, Snood. Posting your opinions on her in a public forum is not help at all in that direction.

You stopped by to admonish someone for judging the girl too harshly. My post was in response to that. But your advice is noted.
0 Replies

Keith424

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 11:39 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Put her in one of those mandatory 1 year rehab programs she CAN"T leave or sign her self out of. Jail is going to do nothing for her and she'll get out right away b/c it costs to much to house a celeb out there. The girl has a serious addiction problem (not making excuses for her nor am I a fan) but she needs help not punishment, cleaning park urinals is going to do nothing to make her stop.
snood

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 12:38 pm
@Keith424,
I agree long term inpatient detox and recovery would prolly be the way to go with her. But she's a grown woman who can't be signed in involutarily, so it wouldn't happen unless a judge did it as punishment for something she does while under the influence.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 02:18 pm
@snood,
In response to an earlier poster's rationalization of Lohan's public behavior,
snood wrote:

Bravo, Snood ! Very, very well said .

At last we agree on something !
snood

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 03:43 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

In response to an earlier poster's rationalization of Lohan's public behavior,
snood wrote:

Bravo, Snood ! Very, very well said .

At last we agree on something !

Uh oh.... mebbe I need to re-think.... Smile
Val Killmore

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 03:59 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
OH NO!

Is the Porsche hurt?