Would you live on a boat?

farmerman

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2013 04:22 pm
@JeffreyEqualityNewma,
Im, at the present time, boatless. I sold my craft about 4 years ago in an effort to raise cash to buy some equipment for my business. Ive since recouped the fund and will , in the near futuire , start looking around again. Im still a smudge pot driver, rather than a ragbagger. our boat was about 40+ LOA but was beamy as hell. SO that amount was quite roomy enough to live aboard for extended periods. Further, the tpside cabins were nice and roomy .

The only thing, of course, is filling the 4oo + gallons of dieel.

I like the lines on your sailer. What kind of auxiliary do you run?
JeffreyEqualityNewma

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 06:35 pm
@farmerman,
She’s got 110 HP Engine with a 250 gal fuel tank! I filled her up this past weekend and used my debit card, didn’t I know had that high of a limit on it!

We’re planning on taking her out end of this month, head towards Cuba and dock in San Juan Puerto Rico for a couple of days. Depending on the weather might take her over to St. Croix for a day or two. So far we have only taken her in the Bay, she’s pretty fast, well over 8 knots and it wasn’t that windy.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2013 06:39 pm
@JeffreyEqualityNewma,
I am jealous I think that you are experiencing something I never will. Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 06:58 pm
@JeffreyEqualityNewma,
Still planning on a big trip this month?
JeffreyEqualityNewma

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 07:10 pm
@ehBeth,
It’s up in the air right now. I haven’t scheduled any appts the last week of this month but the other half has one he’s trying to reschedule. I gave him until this Friday to let me know or we will have to reschedule the trip another week.
0 Replies