Christians discussion-really no debate room..explanation:

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 05:30 am
As husker's thread was locked before I could start an actual discussion, I came here to do so. This is not:

1-debate forum
2-bashing forum
3-anything deceitful

This is:
1-Christian chat about christian lives (chat: for lack of a better word)
----Have you thanked the Lord today?
----Are you believing God for anything specific?
----Would you like prayer for something going on in your life?
----Have you ever led anyone to the Lord?
----Did ya go to church sunday?

These kinds of things are what I mean by Christian discussion about Christian lives. I'll start...

We are having a program coming up in my church on the 29th of this month and I'm very excited. It's my daughter's first time speaking in public in front of a group. She's introducing the program with the following: We are ambassadors for Christ, we come representing the Kingdom of God. We are sons and daughters of the Most High King. She's very excited about this also, and loves saying it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 983 • Replies: 14
No top replies

husker

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 09:01 am
That's very exciting news Onyxelle - I hope the best for her. God Bless Smile
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 09:09 am
My first experience in really giving a message was about 6 years ago, before then I was really more willing to sit at the back of the bus and let others steer. Since then I usually do a small handful of sermons and messages per year. I've recently gotten certified as a speaker, that opened even more doors if I want to speak. Now if I could just get over this self conscience thing Embarrassed
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 10:47 am
excellent. I could never be a public speaker..well.....if He wanted me to be, I could...but not as something I'd choose to be. I guess though, if you're called to share the Word on a large scale, there's no escaping it...
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 11:01 am
My dad is the most charismatic Christian speaker I've ever heard. He's really damn good, & controls a crowd well. Of course, he says it's not him that speaks, an' all that hooey. Rolling Eyes It's one of the things I admire about him though, & he doesn't mind that I'm an atheist so we can get into very heated debate & know that it won't change much between us, which is cool.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 11:07 am
Monger wrote:
My dad is the most charismatic Christian speaker I've ever heard. He's really damn good, & controls a crowd well. Of course, he says it's not him that speaks, an' all that hooey. Rolling Eyes It's one of the things I admire about him though, & he doesn't mind that I'm an atheist so we can get into very heated debate & know that it won't change much between us, which is cool.

Monger that is real cool about you and your father! Are you a PK then? Is he here is the US?
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 11:13 am
Practicing Klingon?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 11:18 am
Preachers Kid LOL
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 11:19 am
Oh well in that case...

No, and no.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 07:31 pm
bookmark

(Waiting to see how this thread goes...)
0 Replies

Seeker

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 04:34 am
Hi guys. How would you say God reacts towards our sins, and what do you think about repentance?
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 04:45 am
I think God is just saddened by them and his main concern is that we ask forgiveness of them. As for repentance, I think it's a necessary thing one does after sinning, if one is convicted by it. You sin, you repent, you ask forgiveness...

That's all I know.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 07:45 am
http://www.opico.co.uk/ex-demo_fleet/F8_lg.jpg
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 10:03 am
Huh? Confused ...Gus's image of a drill is somewhat of an enigma wrapped in a puzzle shrouded by mystery to me. I suspect it will be haunting my dreams now. Sort of like tap dancing chickens.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 11:54 am
95 postmodern thesis
Let's mill this about soon as we get the Christian usergroup going :wink:
0 Replies