Sierra Club's "Eco-Friendly Car Insurance"

RexRed

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 03:07 pm
http://thehartfordauto.com/Sierra-Club/sierrasem2.shtml?CTa=1&TestId=140&code=730038&engine=Google&ctcampaign=1112&ctkwd=sierra%20club%20insurance&ctcreative=8044817530&ctadpos=1t2&ctmatch=Exact

Is anyone signed up for The Sierra Club because they are environment conscious? Well if not. "Eco-friendly" to the Sierra Club is sending out million of weighty ads for their car insurance in huge thick envelops made from countless wasted trees. One might say well Geico and Progressive do the same. No they don't, they send little one page thin envelopes. Which like the Sierra Club big envelope with several page offers. I put them in the recycling bin. Yes Geico, Progressive and The Sierra Club... I don't own a car or home... From mailbox to recycle bin. I am one of those American who prefers to live with as low a carbon footprint as possible. Which is kind of counterproductive when The Sierra Club keeps sending me reams of wasted paper on my own behalf. I wanted to take them off my mailing list but I do support their other efforts, so it is a catch 22... Damned if I do and damned if I don't. Then, there are the local repetitious food mart, and pharmacy flyer offerings that I don't even open and look at once, I just throw them away in the recycle bin. If I want to see the specials, I will walk a few blocks away to the closest store. All that paper manufactured with all that energy is enough to power a small city for a year. All that ink wasted that was imported as oil and refined from The Middle East. Someone help me here, is this wrong for me to speak out about this? Doesn't this all seem a bit contradictory? I do support the Sierra Club in their environmental issues and plan to continue to do so... but this seems to be "sending" the wrong signals to me. I don't plan to harp on this much, I have said my peace.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,750 • Replies: 6
No top replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 06:33 pm
Apparently the zero rating on this thread shows how little a2kers care about the environment. You know what? It is you who will have to live with your lack of action and hypocrisy. Not me....

I can be proud to be in the right side of history. While all thirty or so people who read my stuff don't even have the guts to say, "You know, he is right", or even comment otherwise. You will be remembered for your wimpy, noodle brained, lack of concern and standing up for what is right regardless of your political affiliations. Fluffernutter posts that are so lacking in substance or value is common place here.

Let the Sierra Club keep MASS MAILING to many millions of people who don't even own cars while whole lots of forest land are cleared so they can, sell car insurance... After all liberals are big on owning cars...

Well... someone has got to clear the land of trees before the oil companies can come in and strip mine and turn the land into a tar sands ecological disaster.

Geico also sells insurance and is a liberal organization who have pulled ads from Rush Limbaugh. I believe they, along with Microsoft, are Obama's number one super-pack. This shows how little you smart asses really know.

We need all the tar sands oil so we can put ink on these insurance, ambulance chaser forms full of fine print for the ultimate denial of service. The people here at a2k generally have no credibility.

Posting stupid nonsensical rubbish well....

I try to save an entire forest and I am voted down to zero while:

It was 20 Years Ago Today ... 28 votes

DEBASING THE CURRENCY OF LANGUAGE.. 22 votes

Some Musings About Sexual Orientation and Stuff... 19 votes

Are tribal mascots racist?... 18 votes

What strange private messages have you gotten?... 18 votes

Why those up in WTC - towers didn't just jump from there where the planes crashed?... 17 votes

I always wondered why I looked like Juanita at the diner... 17 votes

YET I TRY TO SAVE AN ENTIRE FOREST AND THE INK USED IN MANY MILLIONS OF UNSOLICITED EMAILING AND... zero votes, someone even thought it worthy to neutralize my own vote to bring it down to zero...

DO YOU REALLY THINK THESE POSTS ARE MORE RELEVANT THAN SAVING AN ENTIRE FOREST?????

Now you know why I am not here posting that often but maybe once or twice a month? I have other friends who actually care about me. I post to them instead.

My great grandfather was one the America's most famous rationalist liberal newspaper editors ever... And his wife (my great grandmother) started of the entire woman's revolution by wearing her "bloomers" while riding her bike to her job at the library. Thanks to her bravery, women now can wear pants...

COWARDS!

I have many thousands of global local and world news agencies sending me news stories in hundreds of languages daily...

Anyone hear about the young Iranians who are on trial for sodomy?

No and you probably won't, someone sent me a picture of them hanging from ropes... Not a word has been reported on their demise... The ropes were knotted so as to maximize their suffering... Google it.. You won't find a single whisper about it... But I know...

I will continue to share as little is is painfully possible here on a2k because you people are not my "friends"... You don't support me so I usually think, "Should I share this on a2k?" Then I think about how loved I am here and say to myself... "Why bother..."

I joined the Sierra Club because I am a tree-hugger... Not so they can data mine my address from the DMV and sell me "ECO-FRIENDLY" car insurance...

0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 07:10 pm
I am sure you all have already seen this... I received this story about 5 minutes ago. A "friend" sent it to me.

One of the thousands of posts I receive daily...

http://www.truththeory.org/playing-god/

A tiny example of what I usually don't bother to share here.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 08:59 pm
My father who was also a rationalist and a Shriner use to often say, "If ignorance is virtue, 'tis folly to be wise..." Yes a2k, ignorance seems the only virtue here...

I say, "If one persists in their folly, they will become superbly stupid..."
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 28 May, 2012 10:20 pm
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/540616_10150829851920942_175868780941_10042870_1995007184_n.jpg
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 05:52 am
I know I have to tone down my rhetoric. Sometimes I get in a huff over things and I may have a shred of truth but it gets obviously overblown easily. sry

Maybe one day I will again own some type of motor vehicle. At such a time I will certainly consider Sierra Club's car insurance. This is neither a criticism of the Sierra Club's Insurance service or their agencies that deal directly with conservation issues. This started out as a gripe that really has less to do with the Sierra Club and rather all of the wasted useless paper manufactured, printed and sent in my mail that is unsolicited.

The Sierra Club envelope did contain a nice map that unfolded and I hung that on the wall. So it does serve a purpose after all. So thank you for the map.

I really don't know car insurance enough to be able to tell people who might be worth trying out. Considering the Sierra Club does do vital environmental work it might actually be worth looking into.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 05:29 pm
Thank you Sierra Club for this animation.

It’s Time to Move America Beyond Oil
http://content.sierraclub.org/beyondoil/
0 Replies