Christians - No Debate Zone

husker

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 09:14 pm
I'd like to chat with the Christians here at A2K.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,127 • Replies: 19
No top replies

onyxelle

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 09:24 pm
treading lightly....

"what about?"
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 12:48 am
I always have a problem when people talk about christians. I was never raised christian, but I read the bible and think that it has a lot of good ideas...
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 01:22 am
Indivdual what problem is that you have with people talking about Christians? Should you start another discussion?

I clearly thought I invited Christians vs nonChristians for a chat.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 01:23 am
Onyxelle
Welcome! Glad you dropped in. Hurry back.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 03:10 am
Husker, I have a problem because I never know whether I count as a Christian or not to some people because I don't know what their specific definition of a Christian is... You started this topic, so tell me please.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 08:30 am
I'm with Onyx here. Whaddaya wanna talk about?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 08:54 am
I don't think, you just want to talk with people, who are called 'Christian' (as prenom) but who are Christians.

I've fallen into this trap sometimes the last few weeks (since religious threads became numerous here): while in Europe 'Christians' are one group besides Muslims, Hindus, Atheists etc, 'Christians' in the USA are obviously very different (called free churches here or even christian sects).

Nevertheless, I really would be interested in the exclusiveness of the talk here on this thread.
0 Replies

Seeker

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 09:15 am
Individual, I think believing in Christ makes you a Christian Cool that's the best answer I can give you.

However, there are also people who respect the Bible's ideas but don't believe in Jesus, who believe in Jesus as a great teacher but not as the Son of God, who aren't sure but are sticking to Christianity for now... Arrow it goes on!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 10:47 am
I know you don't want us non-Christians here -- but I just wanted to stop by and wish all you Christians a very happy Sunday.

Hope my intrusion is forgiven.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 02:11 pm
Thanks seeker...

Yup I believe in Jesus...

Not that he was the messiah, though
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 07:12 pm
Individual wrote:
Thanks seeker...

Yup I believe in Jesus...

Not that he was the messiah, though

Christians believe he was the messiah...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 08:15 pm
Put me down for the discussion, husker!
(But NOT for a debate.)
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 08:23 pm
I'm a Christian...and I'm book marking just to see where this discussion is headed.
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 09:14 pm
Ditto colorbook
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 10:02 pm
Individual
A lot of people call themselves Christians and attend church every week and a lot do not, they also think if they do this formula:
pay their tithes
give to the poor
visit people in prison
serve on a committee
teach Sunday school
if they belong to a church
they are Christians and entitled to pass go for heaven. Naming of Jesus has become a magic incantation, something people think they can use as a password or secret handshake, I don't think it works like that

It's not the Jesus' name alone that brings salvation. It is Jesus himself, it's knowing who He really is, believing in Jesus, having faith in Jesus, giving Him your life, loving Jesus. Without the Jesus as the key any other use of Jesus' name is like ---------- in the wind.

When you call yourself a Christian, what are you saying? Think about it.

"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in Heaven. Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your Name, and in Your Name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'" Matthew 7:21-23
Does Jesus know you?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 10:11 pm
Many thanks for coming by, was in a discussion and watching in a topics:
Quote:
Discussion or Debate? How to Tell the Difference
and
Quote:
Why Do Atheists and Agnostics Frequent This Forum???
It got me to thinking about a small experiment on seeing if we got a Christians only discussion going how long would it take for non-Christians to show up since this was not a debate topic or not started to be one.

No intent to mislead you - I'm happy for us all to have some discussion Laughing
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 10:13 pm
God Bless you all for stopping in Very Happy
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 10:35 pm
Oooh...that was evil.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 10:53 pm
husker wrote:
No intent to mislead you

This is a flat out lie Husker. This entire thread was just a game of yours and deception was involved since the beginning. You've edited in portions of your first post that were not there.

In fact anyone can see by the time that you edited it that you waited for responses before adding the "no debate" to the thread title.

There was never any point to this thread whatsoever except to see how many non-Christians you could bait into the discussion.

Take these games elsewhere Husker.
0 Replies