Describe a Maximally Ethical Person

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 05:18 am
@sozobe,

Quote:
So, how would you describe a maximally ethical person?

Maybe I have it all wrong but if you really have an interest in how a maximally ethical person behaves, follow someone who has a very strong interest in the study and advancement of ethics. Dr. Marvin C. Katz has studied and written more free books on the subject than anyone I know. PS he is a vegetarian if that really means much as far as ethics go.

http://www.workforworldpeace.org/katz.htm
Thomas

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 07:29 am
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:
Perhaps. But there is still no guarantee that this person will appear ethical in the eyes of everybody.

No, there isn't. So what?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 07:34 am
a maximally ethnical person would be one conceived at a global gangbang
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 07:56 am
@djjd62,
I think that it may have more to do with perception than conception.

There is a video link below of Mr Katz at the link below if anyone is interested.

http://www.workforworldpeace.org/cooldown2.htm
0 Replies

SynnGrim

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 07:30 pm
@Irishk,
looks like I am of the utmost ethics.
0 Replies

SynnGrim

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 07:37 pm
@Setanta,
I see you continuously referring to the phrasing "an end justifying a means." Now I will agree with your supportive example, just thought I would ask if you have heard of the utilitarianism school of psychology. If you have not it is basically a theory that "The end justifies the means." Thought I would share that in case you would rather look up some info on utilitarianism for more data.
0 Replies

SynnGrim

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 07:38 pm
@sozobe,
Everything in life you may find is relative other than the laws of physics.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 09:24 pm
@reasoning logic,
I would think that a "maximally ethical person" might be one who does not need rules to obey; s/he simply wants (needs) to do do right by others. S/he is compassionate
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 09:56 pm
@sozobe,
Describe a maximally annoying person!
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2012 09:06 pm
@sozobe,
More seriously now a maximally ethical person certainly is not aware or even much concerned with its maximality in the first place...because if it is, then is just playing a good scout with a calculator in its pocket...a sort of investment in good sleep rather then insomnia...smart but not particularly appealing...
...as I see it maximally ethical persons just really try to play fair...the first step of it would actually be about avoiding enter a contest of ethical behaviour by tramping others conceptions on ethical behaviour...while one may disagree on what is ethically correct or ethically prior, debating who is being the most on anything just sounds silly...ethics should not be regarded as fashion. But then I guess what you really meant and were interested in was in knowing which principles we value the most...
0 Replies