a bird in the bush

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 12:28 pm
Hi people, I just flew in & here I am perched on a nice big branch in this tree. Feeling quite chirpy but my wings are absolutely sodding knackered after flying across The Pond. Would of flow BA but the CIA keep cancellin' flights.
Course, seagulls are a bit cheeky, they thumb a ride on a container ship & arrive fresh & perky.
What are your favorite birds ? I like female sparrers of course & I'm very fond of PTERODACTYLS , mainly cos they are extinct.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,033 • Replies: 52
No top replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 12:52 pm
You ever try to clean pterodactyl poop off your car? It's no picnic, let me tell you.

Welcome aboard.
0 Replies

cockney sparrer

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 01:03 pm
Pterodactyl poop is worse than a blizzard & snow drifts. Sets quicker than sooperglue
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 01:15 pm
Welcome to A2K, Cockney. Beware of the Brat Brigade. Ospreys are my favorite bird. They drop fish on one's car, I've heard.

Incidentally. Who killed cock robin. Was it you?
0 Replies

cockney sparrer

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 01:23 pm
Ah Letty,, you should of seen Cock Robin. "Et tu Sparrer" he moaned as I whacked him. He proved Issac Newton's theory on gravity. Strewf, what a larf.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 02:08 pm
and speaking of getting whacked, Cockney. You remind me of oldandknew who taught me a thing or two. He's having pc problems and has left the nest--flown the coop.. Crying or Very sad

It the Ides of March, I'm afraid.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 02:09 pm
Ides of March? I gotta reset my calendar... methought it was the Ides of February.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 02:23 pm
Letty wrote:
...oldandknew who taught me a thing or two. He's having pc problems and has left the nest--flown the coop.. Crying or Very sad

I've been wondering about OaK. Will he be coming back soon, do you think?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 02:25 pm
SealPoet wrote:
Ides of March? I gotta reset my calendar... methought it was the Ides of February.
Actually, today is the "3rd day before Ides" (of February, which are on the 13th - those of March are on the 15th).
0 Replies

cockney sparrer

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 02:31 pm
Seal ------- Ides of March, April showers, Hanukkah, Chanukah, Shrove Tuesday. Many a day of danger to be avoided.

Letty ------- this geezer oldandknew, rumor has it that he got his fingers trapped in his keyboard and had his hands cut off at the wrist
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 02:55 pm
Actually, a bird in the bush is worth two in the hand, anyday.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 02:57 pm
A bird in the hand is a mess.
0 Replies

cockney sparrer

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 02:58 pm
yeah but if it's a turkey, a pelican or an albatross it might drag you into the bush & gobble you up
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 03:05 pm
Saw a flock of turkey on my commute yesterday. They are sort of like traffic cones with feathers...
0 Replies

cockney sparrer

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 03:13 pm
I read recently that pheasants are the daftest of birds. They'll walk out into the road in front of you & stop as if waiting to for you to hit them
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 03:33 pm
I thought that's just the purpose of their existence - except the silver and gold pheasants of course, which have to populate castle lawns, if the lord can't buy peacocks.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 03:38 pm
Turkey are just fat pheasants... just as dumb.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 03:42 pm
SealPoet wrote:
Turkey are just fat pheasants... just as dumb.
Right, they feed more. (Unfortunately, we don't have wild ones here on European roads.)
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 05:42 pm
and what about squab. Do people really eat those pigeons?

pheasant under glass--sorta like a corn husk doll.

And Walter, Friday is a fateful day..beware of what you think and say.
Do not venture far from home....The seer has told me,

Don't go to Rome.

The cat that ate the canary...Sitting in the catbird's seat..tearing up the pea patch... Razz
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 06:08 pm
Tapucketa tapucketa
0 Replies