WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

George

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2015 08:05 am
The scale.
Germlat

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2015 09:00 am
@George,
George wrote:

The scale.

The scale is incapable of sparing anyone's feelings. :-(
George

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2015 02:00 pm
@Germlat,
bastid (the scale, not you)
Germlat

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2015 04:53 pm
@George,
George wrote:

bastid (the scale, not you)

That is one hell of a jerk....
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2015 10:03 pm
Argh.

I learned how to list variations of products, took a bunch of photos, edited them, and now see that it's not in the acceptable size/pixel range because of cropping.

Too tired to try now, and I really wanted my listing to be in tonight.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 11:16 pm
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/facepalm.gif

chai2

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 11:45 pm
@FBM,
There is just so much going on in that, I don't know where to start.

It was kind of like taking some bad acid, then listening to a pink floyd album.
FBM

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 11:49 pm
@chai2,
It made my brain hurt. Confused
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 11:49 pm
@33export,
I agree with that, slicing up access (even more).
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 12:59 am
Drove to the dentist's this morning, because I had a date afor endodontic therapy (with a surgical microscope) at 7 am.
It just lasted seconds ... because the date is tomorrow.

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 01:23 am
@Walter Hinteler,
You've travelled to the future?

Can you tell me tonight's Lotto numbers?

50/50?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 01:54 am
@Lordyaswas,
I'm only good in our system (6 out of 49),and that only from 20 h onwards on the day of the draw.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 07:17 am
@chai2,
could be worse could be bad acid and a Justin Bieber album
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 07:21 am
Lost my phone. bought another . I'm on auto refill where they just draw from my account every month. I'm paid up through the next withdrawal on March 20th. Took 26 hours for the phone to validate and now it says there's no money on my acct. and it won't let me make calls. This time of my year my phone rings a lot for spring parties, dances, weddings etc. I don't want to think about how much potential revenue has been flushed down the drain . I do however want to tie up the 4, that's right count 'em 4 "service" reps who have wasted my time in front of their wives and children, open their guts and insert weasels and let them be eaten alive in front of their families.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2015 04:17 pm
God damn.

I don't know if it's because I haven't lived in the North East for so long, or if my friend is experiencing some kind of mental distress/breakdown, or what.

A month ago my friend from NJ asked me to travel to San Diego with him to assist him with finding a nursing home for his aunt, and of course for some fun.

I'm leaving Monday morning early from Texas, he's leaving Sunday from NJ to go to San Francisco for the evening to see friends, then fly South Monday morning.

We're both coming back Friday to our respective homes.
Pretty simple.

The calls from him "checking in to see if anything's changed" has escalated from once a week to every couple days, and he just told me "I'll call you tomorrow when I get to San Francisco." I was actually just paying half attention, also doing some work, and I blurted out "Why?"

Every call is at least 20 minutes long, just to find out if, well, I really don't know what honestly.

I really hope this isn't going to be a long 5 days.
roger

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2015 05:53 pm
@chai2,
For what it's worth, there is now a subspecialty in the licensed social worker field called Care Managers. I'm not quite sure what you would look for online to get in touch, but this is exactly the kind of thing they do.

Not cheap, but might be better than travel from NJ and Texas if it takes more than one trip. I'm a little cynical about the whole thing, but might be worth his looking into. They're not cheap, and sometimes I wonder if the facilities don't offer some sort of incentive for a referral. Probably not, but that's how my twisty little mind works.
chai2

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2015 07:14 pm
@roger,
He wants to see the place himself.

I'm serving as his Care Manager as I've worked in nursing homes.

He's not like this because of the purpose of the trip. I'm leaning toward he lives in an area that's so rush rush rush he's forgotten how to let things just happen.

For instance, taking the simple process of buying a ticket, and calling more than 5 times now to basically say "Still wanted to make sure that the ticket you said you bought, has been bought."

I'll be able to gage his state of mind better when we're together.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 01:28 pm
Gale force winds that have battered the country since yesterday - hard to relax!
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 05:00 pm
Waking up to yet another smoke filled day from the planned burns.

We have 4 within about 10km of here and the smoke is just hanging around.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2015 06:43 pm
I just got an email that my booked and paid for Amtrak train from Vancouver to Seattle has been replaced by a bus. I hate bloody buses. I booked on the train because I hate buses. Now my only option is a bus!

Calling Amtrak to clarify is a waste of time and money. The drongo who finally answered my call assured me that the bus will arrive at exactly the same time as the train would. Who is she kidding? Amtrak advertises that the train is faster than the bus.

Sheeesh!

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 03:14:09