WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 09:31 am
@ossobuco,
40 hours without power after the ice storm

trying to warm up now
ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 09:35 am
@ehBeth,
Yikes. That's a pain in the patoot.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 09:35 am
@ehBeth,
I'm whistling through my teeth with sharp intakes of breath at the thought of that with Setanta for company Beth.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 10:53 am
@ehBeth,
you have supplemental heat?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 12:37 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
40 hours without power after the ice storm

trying to warm up now
I 'm sorry to read of your misfortune, Beth.
Good luck in restoration of the status quo ante.

David
ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 01:49 pm
@farmerman,
nope

need to think about a real gas fireplace or perhaps a wood stove in the basement

this sort of event is scary

the latest news is that some people in Toronto won't get power back until the weekend - with temperatures going into the minus 20 celsius range, it will be dangerous for some

Set just came back from a brief walk - talked about some widowmaker branches in the neighbourhood. Definitely not what I like about winter.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 01:49 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Thank you David.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 03:12 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
nope

need to think about a real gas fireplace or perhaps a wood stove in the basement

this sort of event is scary

the latest news is that some people in Toronto won't get power back until the weekend - with temperatures
going into the minus 20 celsius range, it will be dangerous for some

Set just came back from a brief walk - talked about some widowmaker branches in the neighbourhood.
Definitely not what I like about winter.
We all hope that u 'll be warm again soon,
but it wud not be appropriate to Set him on fire.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 03:30 pm
@ehBeth,
That's a new term to me - and it makes sense as a term.

I'll be interested if you do decide to add a heat maker, which one, for curiosity.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 03:45 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
You can be very silly sometimes Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 03:49 pm
@ossobuco,
Interesting. I thought everybody knew widowmakers. Maybe you need to live around deciduous trees ... ?

The next door neighbour has/had a row of (stupid) aspens along his fence line. Each and every one of them lost the top 15 - 30 feet. Two of the spikes are in the top of my big cedar in the backyard. Another took down the back clothesline post. Another took out a chunk of another neighbour's fence. Another seems to have dented a third neighbour's car. I can see at least two more 15 - 20 foot segments hanging from the trees. Those trees really are not meant for a tightly packed city neighbourhood.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 04:36 pm
@ehBeth,
I did. I also specified trees, thousands and thousands of them over 25 years, including many street trees (call me ms. picky, aware of many trees in wrong places chosen by others, some of them do gooders.)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2014 08:49 pm
grrr

why do people think that just because you can sew that you want to?

grrr
ehBeth

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 08:15 pm
@ehBeth,
yoiks

don't use Facebook unless you know what you're doing

a friend's boyfriend just posted publicly on a country's tourism page that he plans to propose and wants a romantic spot to do so on their upcoming vacation

I know that she's not that into him and has told him explicitly that they're not in the same place in terms of their future

now he's laid out a map to huge public humiliation on FB as all of their mutual friends and family will have seen this

yoiks
dlowan

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 02:37 pm
@ehBeth,
Yoiks.
vonny

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2014 05:03 am
@dlowan,
More rain - more floods! Crying or Very sad
spendius

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2014 05:37 am
@vonny,
A flooded farm in Somerset.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 09:18 pm
Saw my neighbor getting out of her car, sort of fragile..
I've never seen her fragile before. She has been trying to lose weight re potential heart condition, and today she looked both lean and frail, told me haltingly she has a respiratory infection, is afraid of getting pneumonia. I had started to get worried, her car not gone for about a week now.. odd time for a vacation.

One of her grownup daughters is living there now too..
T has seen a doctor, is on antibios.

I don't want to bother them, but oy. She and I have been through neighbor stuff together - her house on fire a bunch of years ago, she trying to wake me up at 4 am as the fire engine was about to arrive, flames high overhead and our houses are close; me with the giant loss of water from a burst pipe..

I hardly know her but she is dear to me, some conversations. . . .

0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 02:58 am
That I have been in the Critical Care Unit of the hospital since Thursday and instead of getting better, I'm getting worse.

This ^ is because I went into respiratory failure again. I hope tomorrow is better.
Roberta

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 03:25 am
@trying2learn,
I hope tomorrow is better, too.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 09:07:21