WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 03:06 pm
@vonny,
I suggest magnesium against cramps; worked for me.

0 Replies

vonny

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 04:04 am
Someone being unpleasant to me. Always hurts!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 03:33 pm
@vonny,
vonny wrote:

Someone being unpleasant to me. Always hurts!
Remember that if u observe an event,
U get to select, to choose, with WHICH emotion (if any)
u will address that event. U remain sovereign & autonomous over your own mind, including emotions.

U r the captain of your own ship.

David
vonny

Reply Tue 7 May, 2013 12:11 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Thanks David - that helps! I'll try and remember it for next time ...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 10 May, 2013 03:44 pm
as part of my job (it's supposed to be a tiny part of my job), I review reports from third party vendors

in theory I should be able to rubber-stamp the reports and the letters that are prepared after the reports have been approved

but these freaks (who make twice what I do) can not read a policy or string a sentence together

I finally figured out that their letters read so badly because they don't know how to use articles

I'm spending way too much time sending their reports and letters back for correction - and even with clues they can't get it right

making me crazy

my right eye was literally twitching this afternoon
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 01:01 am
@ehBeth,
I just hope u make them use fonetic spelling.
That's the IMPORTANT thing.

David
vonny

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 03:14 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Turning on the television and finding so many back-to-back cookery programmes - on Saturday!
chai2

Reply Sun 12 May, 2013 04:12 pm
@vonny,
I saw that someone purchased an item from me on ebay on the 8th.....She sends me an email saying she'd like me to mail the item to her ASAP, as she wants to give it to someone at a party of the 11th.

Thing is, she didn't pay me (besides the fact that even if I was paid on the 8th, there's no guarantee it would arrive by some unknown time on the 11th) BTW, on this item, since I was selling it for over $150, I offered free shipping.

I replied to her saying I couldn't mail until she had paid.

She gets around to paying me on the 10th....after 12 noon, and sends me another message saying she'd still like to get it by tomorrow. 'cha right.

I responded I'd be glad to overnight it to her, but would have to charge her $45 for overnight shipping, which would cover the shipping cost.

She responded "oh.....I don't want to have to pay. You offered free shipping."

I responded I'm sure the recipient will enjoy the gift when it's received by her sometime next week, and nameste.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 12 May, 2013 04:18 pm
@vonny,
Vonny, you need to keep in mind that some people will turn it on and watch the moving pictures the entire day. Cooking shows are probably real cheap to produce.
vonny

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 03:20 am
@roger,
I'm must admit, I'm guilty of using the television as a sort of moving wallpaper - something to look at when I raise my eyes from a book, computer, or mobile! I don't even see what's on the screen a lot of the time. But just once in a while I'd like something to engage my attention - we pay enough for a television licence.

In fact, that's my 'grimacing and teeth gritting' moment of the day so far - thinking about just how much I pay yearly for it!
roger

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 01:09 pm
@vonny,
Television License. Now, that's an interesting combination of words.
spendius

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 01:55 pm
@roger,
Someone imagining that declaring an argument to be a red herring is proof that it is so. In fact I took a sharp intake of breath through grimacing clenched teeth at what it implied.
vonny

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 02:56 pm
@spendius,
An ulcer on my tongue - ouch!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 12:54 pm
realizing that c is probably right about where someone is from

can we deport it?
Rockhead

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 12:56 pm
@ehBeth,
just throwing tantrums?
ehBeth

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 12:58 pm
@Rockhead,
hehehe

yes
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 12:59 pm
@Rockhead,
Finding out that my favourite store will be relocating - too far away for me to visit!
Debacle

Reply Tue 18 Jun, 2013 10:41 am
@vonny,
Went and got a haircut this morning. Found the barbers still charge by the acre instead of the size of the crop. So there was me, with no more hair than what it'd take to knit a wren's mitten, having to fork out as much as the guy in the other chair who looked like the drummer on the Muppets.

And it's not just haircuts where I'm getting trimmed. I find that my bibbed overhauls cost me the same as what a guy the size of Haystacks Calhoun pays for his. Haystacks stood 6 foot, 4 inches, and weighed 640 pounds on the hoof, which is, as near as dang-it, 480 pounds and nine inches more than me.

Things are stacked against the little guys.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/52/William_Calhoun.jpg/200px-William_Calhoun.jpg
Haystacks Calhoun

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 18 Jun, 2013 06:19 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
just throwing tantrums?
Shud that be tantra ?
I dunno.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 18 Jun, 2013 06:33 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Rockhead wrote:
just throwing tantrums?
Shud that be tantra ?
I dunno.

You should ask JTT.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 11:19:10