WHAT MADE YOU GRIMACE & GRIT YOUR TEETH TODAY?

hamburgboy

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 02:08 pm
@margo,
what a sweetheart Wink
margo

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 02:16 pm
@hamburgboy,
Yeah! Right Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 03:13 pm
I g & g'd today behind some nitwit woman in Alabama who was being interviewed on msnbc this morning and when asked what would she like to see the president do or hear him say during his visit today, she says that all she wants is for him to figure out some way to plug that hole in the Gulf.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 02:15 pm
@eoe,
A day or two ago I made myself a nice big pizza and stored the leftovers in the refrigerator. Turns out I stored them on top of a sort of lacework tray I keep little bottles in, and one, the only one that has an opening for pouring, tipped. Yes, soy sauce. All over - more or less - the lower half of the fridge.
<gnashes teeth>
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 11:58 am
We were in Boston today. Near the Garden are lots of portable fences
put there yesterday to cope with exuberant crowds if the Celtics had
won last night.

But alas . . .

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/5782/img0200c.jpg
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 06:57 pm
The tattoo I just got. I both grimaced and gritted my teeth. But not in a bad way.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 09:57 pm
There was major cleaning and purging and more cleaning going on here for weeks. Smiled with satisfaction. Everything was clean and shiny.

So I looked around yesterday, and I see that I have to clean again! Shocked I should have known there'd be a catch.
dadpad

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 10:00 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

So I looked around yesterday, and I see that I have to clean again!

Gad it's hard to get good help these days.
Roberta

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 10:04 pm
@dadpad,
dadpad, At the height of my cleaning frenzy, I got three offers to be somebody's cleaning lady. I woulda been good help. True, I got me, but I don't pay me much at all.
dlowan

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 10:08 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

There was major cleaning and purging and more cleaning going on here for weeks. Smiled with satisfaction. Everything was clean and shiny.

So I looked around yesterday, and I see that I have to clean again! Shocked I should have known there'd be a catch.

Heh heh heh!!!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 10:10 pm
@Roberta,
Maybe you should reward yourself better. A small treat would not be out of order.
What this does indicate to me is that you are generally feeling better than you have done for some months.
I'm pleased about that.
Roberta

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 12:08 am
@dadpad,
dadpad, I'm having lunch/dinner (a meal) with Thomas on Tuesday after he accompanies me to the Jewelry Exchange where I will be selling something. Seeing Thomas is always a treat. Getting money will also be a treat.

I heard that, bunny.
0 Replies

Quincy

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 06:30 am
The same thing that makes me grimace and grind away my teeth every day:
I do quite a bit of walking around town, and it really irritates me when drivers don't bother indicating, it just makes crossing the road more difficult. For instance I wait at a T-junction hoping to cross, waiting for a car to execute their turn. But Oh No! nobody ever indicates which way they are going to turn. They inch forward, staring cautiously from left to right to ascertain when it's ok to turn, and all the time I must stand there waiting for them. If they would just indicate then I would know if they were turning in my direction, if not I would know it is safe to cross!
Whew! Just wanted to get that off my chest.It really is quite irritating for us pedestrians when drivers don't indicate, or maybe it's just me.
Oh and don't do as my sister does when she's driving: She starts indicating at the same moment she starts turning. What's the point of that? I can SEE you're turning; the point of indicators is to let people know in advance what you plan on doing, say several seconds in advance.
dlowan

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 07:24 am
@Quincy,
Oh bog! I have a pimple the size of a plague bubo growing inside the front of my left nostril.

Already the left side of my nose has a Rudolphesque appearance....and it HURTS LIKE HELL.

What horrors await in the morning only time will tell.
Thomas

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 08:10 am
@dlowan,
Sorry you feel so much pain.

On the other hand ... imagine the squirt of pus once the pimple ripens so you can squeeze it. It's going to be cathartic!

EDIT: Inside the nostril? Now that's just cruel!
dlowan

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 08:51 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Sorry you feel so much pain.

On the other hand ... imagine the squirt of pus once the pimple ripens so you can squeeze it. It's going to be cathartic!

EDIT: Inside the nostril? Now that's just cruel!

It has a Spanish Inquisition feel to it indeed.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 06:53 pm
Apparently I'm not a "team player." Except that I am, if you're talking about the team of people I actually work with, 50-60 hours a week while paid for 40, working to keep the ******* place running so the cunts at the other end of the building who show up for 35 and work maybe 20 can pat themselves on the back and decide who is and is not a ******* "team player." The people who do the actual ******* work would probably name me the captain of the ******* team and cut the goldbricking bitches in management off the roster.

But that doesn't matter. Yes ma'am, I'm in the wrong, nose to the grindstone, no unprofessional behavior, don't worry about us, we'll be here working in the piss and **** four hours after you've left early to get to your massage appointment.

(Or so it might have gone had this sentiment not been relayed to me by a ******* third party consultant, who seemed actually to understand pretty well what the situation really is.)

((The upside of this apparently annual appraisal of foul temper and general disgust for those with the largest paychecks, shortest days, and cleanest hands is that it seems to result in a general reassessment of what situations might be contributing to my outbursts and, at least temporarily, some remediation of those circumstances and at least the token gesture of "We'd love to hear what you think." A specific example of my wolfishness that was brought up was referring to a group of coworkers as "******* idiots," which some spy or other apparently relayed to the bosses. Funny thing is, that entire group ended up being dismissed for incompetence and wilfully violating standard operating procedures -- making them, to my mind, ******* idiots. The downside is that I'll probably be fired after the next cycle, which will be much harder to explain to prospective employers than having left of my own accord.))

(((At the same time, it probably says something about my value to the organization that I have been kept on for as long as I have in the face of some rather egregious breaches of etiquette in a place where people often are dismissed for fairly minor infractions. That's probably not something to bring up in a future interview, though -- "They would have fired me much earlier if I hadn't worked so hard and got so much done for so little pay.")))

((((Okay, I'm done, I think. I probably should be working in a restaurant kitchen instead, where everybody's depraved and the top priority is getting your work done, not smiling for the boss and ignoring laziness and incompetence.))))
Izzie

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 07:00 pm
@patiodog,
Oh crahp, that's just awful (((( PDawg ))))) - so very sorry if that happens.... dammit...
dlowan

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 07:10 pm
@patiodog,
Bugger.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((PD)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hon, can you find another job and leave during THIS cycle, so there's no firing to be explained?
patiodog

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 07:18 pm
@Izzie,
Well, I've pretty much got a standing offer from a private clinic that would pay about 30% more than I make annually for fewer and easier hours with more support staff and know at least two organizations that would hire me part time at a higher hourly rate. The former gig is in private practice, which I hope to avoid if at all possible, the latter two at organizations that lack the material resources off the one I'm at. All three would involve a lot of commuting, which I hate.

I want to make the current thing work, I just feel like the people in charge are not very competent or dedicated and are utterly incapable of making an unpopular but correct decisions, and I just wasn't raised to bite my lip and nod along.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 10:32:32