Mitt Romney now tied with President Obama

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 11:10 am
Quote:
Likely Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney has closed the gap between himself and President Obama, pulling into a tie among registered voters, a CBS News/New York Times poll showed Wednesday.

A month after he trailed the president, 47 percent to 44 percent, Romney is now in a 46-46 deadlock with Obama.

The biggest boon for Romney, the survey showed, was the exit of his toughest GOP challenger, Rick Santorum. With the former senator from Pennsylvania out of the race, 54 percent of Republican primary voters say they want Romney to be the party’s nominee; only 30 percent said the same in March.

http://www.boston.com/Boston/politicalintelligence/2012/04/mitt-romney-tied-with-president-obama-poll-shows/hWz4OqunRLp80Z2fUgmlRO/index.html?p1=News_links
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,166 • Replies: 2
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 11:15 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Does this poll take into an account the presence of Ron Paul (running as a possible independent) and/or Gary Johnson, whom I believe will be the likely Libertarian candidate for 2012?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 11:23 am
@tsarstepan,
Not sure, Stepan. I don't see a run-down in the linked article.
0 Replies