RULES for MAKING and BAKING mass produced KOSHER MATZOH

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2012 04:33 pm
SOme rules that the various matzoh bakeries have agreed upon include

1. Dough must be unleavened, so when its produced in massive quantities, the dough must go from prep tp oven within 18 minutes, why 18 and not 20?

2 The dough must not be folded so the machinery is so designed to prevent ot from folding as it goes from its prep to the ribblon and then flattened out into the matzoh cracker?

3The commercial matzoh oven must still be 600 degrees F

Fascinating how the Torah provides , and the rabbis adapt their logic to the ages.(Unlike much of Christianity which is still stuck in the Reconquista)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,432 • Replies: 8
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2012 04:53 pm
@farmerman,
I don't know what to say.
Quack-a?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2012 05:00 pm
@farmerman,
18 is chai (that's the guttural ch like the q in Qaddafi). In Hebrew, numbers are shown as letters. the chet is 8 and yod is 10, hence, 18. The word chai means life, so 18 is a lucky number, spiritual in gematria (kabbalah stuff).
farmerman

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2012 05:09 pm
@jespah,
you mean, the only reason that some rabbi says that the dough must go from tub to oven in 18 minutes is cause its LUCKY?? Jews make more sense than that.
Im thinking that some group of jewish bacteriologists decided that its similar to a "5 second rule" wherein the dough wont get "Leavened" by atmospheric wild yeasts within 18 minutes. THAT at least makes sense.

(Im gonna play 18 as one of my numbers in the POWERBALL tomorrow). Ill give you a million if I hit .
farmerman

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2012 07:02 pm
@farmerman,
OY Tvach
jespah

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2012 05:35 am
@farmerman,
I'm thinking when matzoh was first made, they didn't know from bacteriology and all that. So someone say hey (or oy), close to 20 minutes is good, and if we jigger it to 600 F, it can work in 18 minutes. And they said, hey (or oy), that works kaballistically and so we can add some wacky mysticism to the whole thing and have a monopoly on making this stuff.

And so it was written.

Hey (or Oy).
djjd62

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2012 05:38 am
Oy

Vey to complicated

Razz
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2012 05:58 am
@jespah,
I need something more definitive.