All I know is, both Halal and Kosher meat is slaughtered using inhumane methods, the animals suffer and death is drawn out...
Meat is murder.
For a meat to be Halal, the slaughtering process has to be Islamic:
- The animal has to be slaughtered with a sharp object (knife) and in a fast way so that the pain of slaughter is minimised.
- The slaughtering is to be done by cutting the throat, windpipe and the blood vessels in the neck causing the animal's death, but without cutting the spinal cord.
- The blood has to be drained completely before the head is removed. The purpose is to drain out most of the blood, which would otherwise serve as a good culture medium for micro organisms. Hence, for this purpose, the spinal cord must not be cut, otherwise the nerve fibers to the heart would be damaged during the process causing cardiac arrest, resulting in stagnation of the blood in the blood vessels.
Advantages of the Islamic method:
- Blood is a good medium for germs, bacteria, toxins, etc. Therefore the Muslim way of slaughtering is more hygienic as most of the blood containing germs, bacteria, toxins, etc. that are the cause of several diseases are eliminated.
- Meat slaughtered by Islamic way remains fresh for a longer time due to deficiency of blood in the meat as compared to other methods of slaughtering.
- The swift cutting of vessels of the neck disconnects the flow of blood to the nerve of the brain responsible for pain. Thus the animal does not feel pain. While dying, the animal appears to struggle, writhe, shake and kick, not due to pain, but due to the contraction and relaxation of the muscles deficient in blood and due to the flow of blood out of the body.