Sally dog gave a birthday party lunch for her Lady Diane

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2012 11:01 am
Sally dog invited her buddies, Dolly and Madison to her party for the Lady Diane Saturday afternoon. They watched Osso place tomato and onion slices on a table along with her delicious salad. The doggies panted at the sight of Butrflynet's delicious beans and Barbara's sweet salad. Roger just drooled over the good food, but the doggies made sure he didn't swipe any before the hamburgers and hot dogs were ready.

Barbara grilled the hamburgers and hot dogs. Roger kept insisting that they were done yet. Diane kept saying they were. Butrflynet told Roger to just go sit down. The doggies wept as the hot dogs were on the grill. Madison whined, wondering why anyone would want to burn dogs? Dolly scowled about how terrible humans can be! Sally looked at Diane in disbelief.

The lunch was soooo good and too much for everyone. Then Beva arrived with a birthday cake but without Michael, who had to work at their home. She couldn't stay long because she had to help Michael.

As doggies Sally, Dolly and Madison, waited for the guests to drop food scraps on the ground, Diane smiled with pleasure. At that moment, Dolly and Madison gave Diane a birthday present of two very good books they knew she would enjoy.

Finally, it was apparent everyone was stuffed with food. Time for Roger to start his long drive back to his home. Roger was gone in time to not help clean the dishes and the backyard. That Roger is a sly rascal.

As everyone left, Sally Dog and Diane gave everyone a kiss. Dolly and Madison each got one, too.

Diane and Sally waved goodby and headed for a nap.

BBB

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 2,235 • Replies: 10

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2012 12:09 pm
And a good time was had by all.
roger

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2012 12:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
I used to be special to Sallydog. This time, I got the same attention as everyone else. I did not give her a potato chip.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 08:17 am
@roger,
Here's a hanky to wipe away your tears.

http://www.google.com/imgres?start=97&hl=en&sa=X&biw=800&bih=436&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=XgmunHosZr3tBM:&imgrefurl=http://www.thedietcokediet.com/2010/04/going-paperless-tissue-edition.html&docid=_5QozForqfQlhM&imgurl=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_txS9L0vo1GE/S9cFuDrjcYI/AAAAAAAAIHo/DcKiud32Y90/s1600/handkerchief_21104_lg.gif&w=548&h=700&ei=8O6CT4TAOcXS2gW_o_yXBw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=91&vpy=33&dur=1092&hovh=254&hovw=199&tx=86&ty=189&sig=108446324966202552310&page=9&tbnh=129&tbnw=101&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:8,s:97,i:23
roger

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 08:30 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
But, but. . . .
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 08:39 am
@roger,
Don't cry, here's a kiss from Sally dog.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.adweek.com/files/adfreak/dog_1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/get-your-goat-french-anti-smoking-ads-17710&h=281&w=380&sz=23&tbnid=VM8QnEE7i3WPHM:&tbnh=84&tbnw=114&zoom=1&docid=hQ7ack773sbOQM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=a_SCT9L6MMbo2AXLurGLBw&ved=0CDUQ9QEwAA&dur=184
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 01:42 pm
Thank you, BBB, for your delightful description of my birthday party.

Roger is known for his picky food favorites and if the hamburger had the least bit of pink, it would have to go back to the grill. I threatened to send him to the garage if he didn't eat the hockey puck Barbara cooked for him.

It was a good time with good friends.
dlowan

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 01:48 pm
@Diane,
Hockey pucks......mmmmmmmmmm........

ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 02:38 pm
@dlowan,
....why I chose a hot dog, er, past history.
That worked out: the hot dogs were wonderful, best I've had here in Abq, by far.

People have politely not mentioned The Olive Debacle. The place Diane got the meats is famously good, careful, environmentally worthy and so on - one of my favorite small grocers/butcher shops ever. I have liked the people a lot. I used to get olives there fairly often - relatively inexpensive in bulk, not as hefty a price as at everyday type grocers' bulk olive bars either. Got them when I was with Diane the day before. Put the refrigerated olives in a dish before setting out to Diane's with Roger. Some of us nibbled at the olives, ahhh, good. At most an hour after the event started, but the eating hadn't much, I stared at the olives. They looked a little gray. They were a little gray. BBB suggested I just take out the baddies. Hmm, we'll see. I gave up on that and tossed the whole thing. I should have wondered - I haven't been there in a while and had some trouble finding the olives; they were at the back of the glass fronted deli section. Then there wasn't enough for a pound's worth, and a guy I'd not seen before went to the back to get more. I am guessing he supplanted them with iffy olives, as the second container's were squishier, not usual. A red flag I didn't catch on to - including the oddity that he started with too small a container for a pound. I thought I remembered getting larger ones for a pound but figured he knew what he was doing. Kumquat! Kumquat!

I guess I should email the company, thinking about it.

Adds, Barbara, BBB and Bfn and now Diane's friend, is terrific, a real trouper, y'know, putting up with Roger..
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 02:48 pm
@Diane,
I'm so glad I got some of Barbara's ambrosia salad, Diane. Did you get some? She is such a good cook and she shares with her friends. She's a great friend and she likes you and Sally dog.

Did you bring some of your birthday cake Beva gave you to the dog park this afternoon?

BBB
ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 02:50 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I was full but I sampled a bite and liked it. I don't think I've ever tried it before.
0 Replies