timberlandko wrote:
CdK has a life outside A2K, ?

Nah - I can't believe this excuse! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 07:55 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
Please see Timber's post above.

Nah, its just that earlier you referred to what was "discussed, voted on and agreed to by RT members months ago" - but I dont think this was it, or that anyone expected it. Hell, in the week that the RT disappeared, Rog was asking around about new members that were being proposed!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 08:04 pm
I'm talking about the be patient, allow me to have a life part.

I've got my hands really full right now and something big came up with the site that might make anything I do right now moot.

When I get the technical ducks in a row the format for the usergroups will be decided on. Till then the nagging can be referred to Timber's post: be patient please.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 01:12 am
Since you have this ".net-site" as well, I really don't wonder :wink:
http://images.google.de/images?q=tbn:GHEpSXNHUFsJ:www.pbs.org/weblab/workingstiff/graphics/actionguide/THUMBSUP.gif
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 04:43 am
Craven de Kere wrote:

I've got my hands really full right now and something big came up with the site that might make anything I do right now moot.

OK! No problem.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 01:23 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:

Nah - still don't believe it! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 08:39 pm
Okay, we've received this messege. usergroups Did we get Debate Room access in lieu of The Roundtable, or is the Roundtable coming back with all its original postings?

Roger
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 08:54 pm
The Debate Room is now in Beta, as recently mentioned on a new thread in Announcements. The Roundtable members currently are included in the Conservatives usergroup. I'm not sure what will become of the posts that were contained within the now discontinued limited access forums, but I'll let you know when I know more. Or, you could just read the Announcements Forum from time to time :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 08:58 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Or, you could just read the Announcements Forum from time to time

Oh sure, blame us for not paying attention . . .

Sheesh . . . Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 09:08 pm
Read the announcement as well Timberlandko. Was looking for information not contained there nor in the link I posted.

Thanks
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 09:22 pm
Sorry, rog ... didn't mean to rag on ya. Actually, its not just you looking for more info. Info will be forthcoming as it comes forth. Patience, you know, patience Laughing
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 09:33 pm
Craven, in post 588943 on 3/6, wrote:
I think it will be moved to the debate room so that this arrangement can be made for other usergroups without having to create forums (which has technical limitations in terms of who can do it and what it does to the system by making pages longer and select boxes longer).

roger wrote:
Did we get Debate Room access in lieu of The Roundtable

Yes. As stated here, here, and less explicitly here and here.

Quote:
or is the Roundtable coming back

It will probably come back in the distant future (no, I do not have the slightest idea) when a very significant code change is made (nested "sub forums" which will allow for more freedom in forum creation).

NOTE: This may change so don't try to hold me to this.

Quote:
with all its original postings?

No, the postings were moved to the public forums a long time ago. See the links above for more.

Summary:

In order to support a larger number of exclusive group discussions the Debate Room is used and shared (one new factor is the ability to specific intra-group discussions).

When sub-forums, a very significant code change that will probably be implemented with a new version of the forums, are a reality the separate forums for groups will probably (not certain remember) be used.

That's the current intention but this depends on policy (e.g. the scope of the workload for moderators) and technical details (sub-forums, better pagination and many off things here and there that having too many forums currently complicates).

How the site scales is not easy to predict. Within the last 30 days developments have changed our plans a few times. Other things ahve come up to cause delays.

The above is a prediction and nothing about it is certain or guaranteed. The current format is in BETA. This was done to avoid further delays in the Debate Room implementation (lots of frustrated people asking about it) while still making clear that changes will be made as the format is perfected.

If anything is still unclear then it's simply not going to get any clearer due to both a significant amount of frustration on my part about these groups as well as the limitation that is not knowing what will be decided.

The answer to almost all the questions is "it depends, and we will let you know" with a side order of "please be patient".
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 10:15 pm
OIC

Thank you
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 12:09 am
you might call me dense but the debate room opened by onyxelle is open for all to see, read, and post correct? That's changing sometime?
Again - sorry - just confused.
0 Replies