[answered]How many posts before I'm not a newbe?

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 12:44 am
How many posts does it take before I'm not categorized as a Newbie anymore? Also, is there a list some place that tells what all of the ranks are and how many posts are required to get there?

What's the difference between the ranks? Like what does it mean to be an Enthusiasts. All of the Answerboards I've ever been on, an Enthusiast was something that you had to apply for. Is it the same here?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,379 • Replies: 16
No top replies

kev

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 02:17 am
Hi Rover,

If I remember rightly you lose the newbie title at 100 posts, I think the next level is either 200 or 250 and the titles, as far as I have seen, dont mean diddly
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 02:28 am
Rover, a lot of us know you, relax, okay? Please don't worry about numbers, they don't mean a thing. If you want to chalk up numbers, then get involved in the surprisingly enjoyable word games threads. But don't do that unless you like them, as none of us care how many posts you have.

We like you already.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 03:46 am
100 then 250.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 03:53 am
Mine just turned to Enthusiast in Training when I hit 50. So I guess I asked too soon. Embarrassed

I know it's not about how many posts you make. It's the quality of the post that's important. I was just curious about how it all works here. And I have to admit it is fun to see that rank jump to a new level once in a while.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 03:53 am
...Moving this to Forum Help.

Just Hatched 0
Newbie 10
Enthusiast in Training 50
Near-Enthusiast 100
Enthusiast 250
Seasoned Member 1,000
Veteran Member 5,000
Guru in Training 25,000
Guru 100,000
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 03:56 am
Thanks monger! So, is anybody here a Guru yet? That's a lot of posts... Laughing
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 04:01 am
Nah, but there's a caboodle of veterans
0 Replies

AaTruly

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 05:59 pm
Is a caboodle more than a passel but less than a heap of? Or is it the other way around?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 06:48 pm
Depends on whether it is the imperial or metric caboodle.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 07:12 pm
I've been here since 12/2002 and I have yet to hit 500 posts. I believe that many other A2Ker's know me and my style of writing. Pretty deliberative.

If you want to, you can post witty, rapid-fire responses in lots of topics. That will get your count up quickly.

I keep a well-worn dictionary next to my computer. I try to take the time to research words when I see them or before I use them.

I think passel is less than caboodle which is less than "a heap of." But I may be wrong. -rjb- (PS: If you enjoy words, join us at the Balderdash topic).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 08:30 pm
Real john, meet Aa, some of us know Aa from another forum. Aa is a master of wit and erudition. Aa, meet Real john, a memorable, thoughtful A2ker, however spare the quantity of his posts.

But listen, do Caboodles ever canoodle?
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 08:55 pm
Well I was at a prior answerboard for 2000 posts before I got fed up with the management and burned all of my bridges. They banned me over a review thay I gave them on Zeal.com. It was an honest revew based on my experience of the site, they couldn't take it... Besides, the site became mostly a chat forum and it became hard to find anything serious to post about. It only had about 400 active members there. It's a lot easier to get your post count up with serious subjects here because there's more variety. I think the people are friendlier too. You don't have that clique environment like you had at the board that I came from. People here seem more inteligent and less judgmental (overall). But then, I've only been here a week. :wink:
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 09:03 pm
A good week though, you have a presence on the forums already.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 09:10 pm
I've been a member since October 2002 and I'm just barely an enthusiast at 285 posts ... well, now I guess it'll be 286 ... (sigh) ...

So much to do, so little time!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 09:22 pm
rover..welcome aboard and hope you enjoy the serious mixed with the light hearted...its all here.
Soon enough itll be like you were always here-dont worry about the numbers.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 06:55 am
dlowan wrote:
Depends on whether it is the imperial or metric caboodle.

Our first guru in training?
0 Replies