Invisible Children co-founder arrested

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2012 02:38 pm
Quote:
SAN DIEGO – A co-founder of Invisible Children, the group behind the “KONY 2012” video on alleged atrocities by an African warlord, has been arrested for being drunk in public and masturbating, according to the San Diego Police Department.

Jason Russell, was taken into custody after he was found masturbating in public, vandalizing cars and possibly under the influence of something, said Lt. Andra Brown, NBCSanDiego.com reported.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/16/10721745-invisible-children-co-founder-arrested-charity-made-kony-2012-video
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,001 • Replies: 1
No top replies

chai2

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 04:55 pm
@tsarstepan,
I finally got around to watching the Kony 2012 video....My feelings during it was that some things weren't right.

My immediate thought was "why are only young white people between the ages of 17 and 27 seemingly involved in this movement?"
I should go back and review it with an eye toward editing. I'm not clear on whether the politicians shown in this were actually addressing the issue, or if it's clever editing. I won't comment on that again until I've done so.

Then, I watched some of the youtubes critcizing, saying this was in the past, etc. etc.
Then, I read what others had written in other threads.

What I'm feeling now is that Jason is charismatic, but doesn't seem to hold up to examination.

That video included in your link tsar...the one from TMZ? Was that him, or a joke?

0 Replies