Open letter to Facebook

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 12:56 pm
For a couple of years now when I have intermittently attempted to join I was unsuccessful owing to a Facebook software problem of which it isn't aware. However, I cannot bring it to their attention because Facebook is the only site on the entire Internet that lacks a "Contact Us”

So can anyone having anything to do with Facebook, if even possible please contact them to that effect so they can reply to [email protected] giving me the opportunity to specify their software glitch,

Thanks all most kindly
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,536 • Replies: 11
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 01:03 pm
Way up to the RIGHT on the Screen, there is a diamond shaped icon (next to HOME) Follow the prompts to the HELP section.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 01:06 pm
Yeah, but it's useless. They don't respond.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 02:25 pm
@Ceili,
Thanks Ceili, I’d have so suspected. I’ve spend what seems like hours looking for some kind of Contact Us but with no luck. Buy perhaps you as a member could pass on my message

Thanks again
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 02:34 pm
@dalehileman,

facebook reportedly has somewhere in the neighborhood of 850 million members.

i'm not surprised that it is next to impossible to Contact Them.

i suppose you could try mailing a letter to facebook headquarters --

1 Hacker Way
Menlo Park, CA 94025
dalehileman

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 02:36 pm
@Region Philbis,
Thanks Reg but I retired my typewriter a decade ago
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 02:43 pm
@dalehileman,
http://www.facebook.com/help/issues/sign-up

If something's going wrong when you try to sign up, you've come to the right place. Here is a list of common issues that we know about right now. We're working on fixing these, but you can use the report links below to give us more details:

Quote:
I get an error using the Facebook sign-up confirmation email.
Please follow the steps below to resolve this issue.

First, try logging in (with the email address you signed up with).
If you are unable to log in, please copy and paste the full URL (web address) of the link that you received in the confirmation email into your browser.
If you're still having trouble after the above steps, click here. <==========

If that isn't the issue, check out these other possibilities and click the link above to pursue them.
Quote:

I can't find my Facebook sign-up confirmation email.
Please follow the steps below to resolve this issue: Check your email application's spam or junk folder or filter. Please be aware that some emails may be...
I get an error using the Facebook sign-up confirmation email.
Please follow the steps below to resolve this issue. First, try logging in (with the email address you signed up with).If you are unable to log in, please...
It says there is an existing account associated with my email address.
Please click here to request a new password for your account. If you are not the account owner and are attempting to sign up for an account, then please...
I’m getting an error message that says my email address is invalid.
This could be because your email address starts with something generic like info@ or webmaster@. Since these email addresses are typically used for organi...
I receive an error message when I try to confirm my new contact email address.
Please try copying and pasting the full link you received into your address bar. Some email clients will separate the link onto several lines, so be sure...
My name was rejected during sign up.
We require everyone to use their real first and last names so that you always know who you’re connecting with. To keep our community safe and trustworthy,...
I am repeatedly asked to sign the electronic signature when creating a Page.
The name you enter as your electronic signature should match the name on your account. If you have a business account with no name or profile (timeline),...
I tried to import my contacts to Facebook but it says I have an unsupported email.
Right now, you can import your contacts from a variety of other online accounts into your Facebook account. If you're seeing an error that your email addr...
I have two accounts. Is it possible to merge them?
We don't currently offer a way to merge two accounts. We recommend downloading the information you've added to the account you don't want to keep. Then, a...
I'm getting a "Facebook Will Be Back Soon" message when I try to log in.
If you're seeing this message when you log in, it usually means that we're making an improvement to the database that your account is stored on. While we'...
I'm trying to do things on Facebook but the captcha (words in the box) doesn’t load.
Your problem is most likely related to your internet browser. We recommend that you upgrade your browser, or clear its cache and cookies, by following the...
I received an email that I created a new Facebook account, but I didn’t sign up for a new account.
Most likely, someone mistakenly tried to register using your email address. Do not click the link in the email. If you don’t click the link, the account w...
It says my email is unregistered.
Please follow the steps below to resolve this issue: Ensure that you are logging in with your correct email address. Check your email for your original co...
My sign up issue is not listed above.
Although we're unable to reply to every bug report at this time, we may contact you for more details about the issue as we investigate the report. Thank y...

dalehileman

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 02:57 pm
@Butrflynet,
Thank you Fly, I’ll try it
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 03:08 pm
@dalehileman,
You're welcome, Lem.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2012 03:16 pm
@Butrflynet,
Yea! and hey But but it worked! Finally I’m in! with many thanks