Your preferred source will annoy you

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 09:40 pm
I use google news. I have changed settings before Mar. 1. Still, when I look at the news, they keep announcing strange sources as my preferred source. I'll admit I might have clicked on some of those sources once over the years. Not sure.

It's like a brat pack battering.

Do you like to know what some preferred source you didn't know about is first, second, or third in line re news?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 3,375 • Replies: 5
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 09:50 pm
Google News is my home page. It gets more annoying by the day.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2012 10:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
It's the first place I go; not sure I'd call it my home page as I seem to be home page avoidant.

I remember years ago when a friend showed me, effulgently excited by the website, that she could get everything on a home page. That was probably aol, but I'm not sure.
That was all new to me but I instinctively was icked. Probably late nineties or early twos.
Irishk

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 12:10 am
@ossobuco,
Mine's Apple. When I had to install iTunes to work with my iPod, it came with Safari -- which I like as a browser (it's really fast on this old laptop). The homepage is Apple, though, which always makes me laugh a little. For the past week or so the first article is headlined "Apple, the World's Most Respected Company" -- or best liked or something lol. Then more back-patting articles follow...I never click on them or anything, just go to my usual bookmarks for news, checking mail, etc. I keep thinking I should try another one, but I'm basically lazy when it comes to changing things that are working ok.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 02:56 pm
@ossobuco,
My homepage is acropolis dot com. I don't know why, I don't understand a word. It's all Greek to me.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2012 11:56 am
@Irishk,
I don't really have a home page as I sort of said on another post - but I have stuff I like bookmarked on my safari tool bar, thus
clck, goo, gml, gim, gmx, yoo, ytub, a2k, news, sprts, blgs, flgs, ref, etc.

Some just bring me to one place, like google images, and some give me a selection of forty bookmarks (news).
0 Replies