Which is the best time of the year to visit Orlando, Florida?

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 12:32 pm
I am intending to visit Orlando, Florida with my family but I am still not sure which is the perfect time to place our holiday. I am open to hear your advices. Thank you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 3,870 • Replies: 10
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 12:52 pm
I'll tell you when NOT to go: over Spring Break.

Every high school/college kid is down there - overcrowding the restaurants, beaches, etc.

If you can take the heat, go right after school gets out in early June or wait until Oct.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 03:50 pm
@mihailll,
We have had a very mild winter here in Florida, now is the time to visit. In a couple of months its going to get hot!
farmerman

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 04:12 pm
@jcboy,
We used to come down to WInter PArk for the art fest (forget what it was called). HAd great times and met some really good artists. I love the Arts n Crafts museums they have (Tiffany, Lallique, etc etc).

Wed rent a car , fill it up with bags of oranges and drive around . NAwlins and Florida are great this time of year. Its like a spring that youd wish would happen up north. You guys get all the flower smells and the warm weather, we dont get that happening at once. We get green and then a month later the hooneysuckle blooms.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 04:23 pm
@mihailll,
Thanksgiving, Christmas + New Year's, and Spring Break are the worst. (Worse even than the summer, which surprised me.)

Going around but not during those times seems to go well -- November before Thanksgiving, for example, or early December, or mid-late January through late February.

Friends of ours went in earlier January and there were still a lot of people, but then other friends went a couple of weeks ago and they didn't have a problem with lines.
Gizzyluv89

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 06:59 pm
@mihailll,
I live in Orlando, Florida DO NOT GO DURING THE SUMMER OR SPRING BREAK if u want heat go during summer it's mostly crowded here during spring break and during winter it's sometimes cold so go from September-November.
0 Replies

Gizzyluv89

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 07:04 pm
@sozobe,
How do u know sometimes it's not cold during the winter like crazy but like today it was like mad hot it felt like summer already came let me tell you something Orlando,Florida has unusual weather and it can never be suspected even the news people get it wrong like they'll say 90% of rain more like 0% of rain. Just saying.
sozobe

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 07:07 pm
@Gizzyluv89,
Yeah, we went in November and our first day it started out as 45 degrees in the morning, bright and sunny, warmed up to 70 in the afternoon, then clouds rolled in and it cooled off again, didn't rain that day but came close. We wore a lot of layers and were fine all day (except for schlepping around the shed layers when it got warmer).
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 06:12 am
The best times to go are:

After spring break, and before June, which is the start of the (hot and) rainy season.

October- November (before Thanksgiving).

In both instances the kids are still in school, and the snowbirds are gone, so things are relatively quiet, and the weather is great.
0 Replies

Jeff Lee

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 03:14 am
@mihailll,
Hello Friends,

Best time is between early Feb until early April. There are not as many other tourist around, prices are a bit cheaper, it doesn't rain so much, it is cooler (like in the 70's maybe 80's), & kids are in school, so if you want to have fun at Universal Studios or Disney, you have a better chance! Just the less crowds alone is worth coming in the earlier time of year! It gets a little busy during valentines weekend, but thats about it.

Thanks and Regards,
Jeff Lee
0 Replies

robertcrowden11

Reply Thu 15 Oct, 2015 10:09 pm
According to me November to December is the best time for visiting , Last years i am going in mid November with my friends and enjoy lot.
0 Replies