Panel Calls for High-Tech Warning System
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,043 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 07:48 am
I think that a sophisticated warning system may make a huge difference in lives saved in the event of a serious terrorist attact.

Less hi-tech, but nontheless effective, is a warning system that we have in our town. We have a bunch of old time ham operators, who are poised to jump in and assist in case of problems, where electricity is not working, as in a severe hurricaine.

They have a list of people who are housebound, are on dialysis etc., and have developed procedures to assist those folks in case of emergency.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 07:58 am
The systems we have now date back to the 1950s and it is time to revise them. I'm not so sure I like the idea of chips imbeded in every electronic device I own. In theory it sounds nice but what happens when there is a hurricane or tornado warning and every device in the house pops on and starts displaying messages. We'd all spend the next 30 minutes running around the house silencing all the alarms.

No warning getting out is bad. To many warnings is just as bad. IMO, they need to rethink this idea...
0 Replies