6 letter words, and use 3 letters to start a new word...

Dutchy

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 06:43 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Some good advice from Found Soul spendi, a true blood Aussie sheila who takes no **** from anybody, try to rember that!

lament

(malala farmer cursing the drought)
spendius

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 07:02 am
@Dutchy,
That's better Dutch.

But the connection would not have been understood with no explanation and we would have all thought that "lament" was the first 6 letter word you thought of using 3 letters of the puzzle word, Malala, if one can call it a puzzle using such a jejune method, and we would, perforce, have underestimated your intelligence which might only be short of a good prodding to get flowering in the fullness of your maturity.

And FS is taking the piss out of you. Encouraging you to play with beads on your pram. Being a Shiela she wouldn't wish you blokes to be getting intelligent now would she? Ceiling busting on the Dumbass floor. Which is one up from the basement. Ladies Olympic shot-putting.

lament
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 07:06 am
@Dutchy,
tender--(the best laments are tender).
spendius

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 07:23 am
@spendius,
Quote:
(the best laments are tender).

There's a stunning artistic expression of that in Federico Fellini's Amarcord movie. It is the scene where Teo climbs a tree and starts shouting "voglio una donna" (I want a woman) at the wilderness. The last cry, in a long series of increasing despair, is so tender that it breaks the heart of the onlookers, and the audience if they listen to it carefully enough, that the dwarf nun is sent for from the asylum which has allowed him out for a drive in the country with his family for the afternoon. He descends the tree looking sheepish as they conduct him to the meat wagon.

tender
spendius

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 07:44 am
@spendius,
I found a cut of it for you but it has the tenderest lament cut off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au02p8huOuU
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 11:49 am
@spendius,
hearts

(self-explanatory)
Dutchy

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 12:21 pm
@aidan,
atrium

(a chamber of the heart for blood letting if you like)
spendius

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 12:49 pm
@Dutchy,
courts. (an atrium is a space in a court and one goes courting to fill up a chamber of the heart.)
spendius

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 02:50 pm
@spendius,
I got wondering what the threadmaster of the game of cricket would think of the rules today. Or Mr Faraday seeing what happened to his sparks.

courts
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 02:58 pm
@spendius,

Tounge

(something that wags alot, on and on except in the courts )

Is that better Spendy? Good morning. PS, I know you hate women but you shouldn't really, we are not all the same.
spendius

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2012 03:15 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
rental.

(tongues can be rented at so much an hour from the Inns of Court.)
Dutchy

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2012 08:55 pm
@spendius,
tangos

(a hot dance performed in the Inns of Court)
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 01:14 am
@Dutchy,
Gangly...

What one of the dancers, looks like...
aidan

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 01:50 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
lounge

where the dancers were and what they did after they danced
Dutchy

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 03:33 am
@aidan,
glazed

(what the dancers eyes were when looking at their loosely dressed partners)
spendius

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 06:22 am
@aidan,
This is actually quite funny. I'm trying to work out what principle of human behaviour it highlights.

How on earth do you get "tangos" from "rental"? I can go with "gangly" from "tangos" on the grounds that gangly people are better at tangoing than short, fat stumpies. And "lounge" from "gangly" is okay because gangly people lounge stylishly. And I suppose a lounge probably has glazed windows or one might glaze over when lounging as I often do when listening to the Test Match commentary on my sun lounger.

I could just as easily have said that tongues can be rented at so much an hour from any pub bar. And I have been in a lot of them in my time , perhaps more than I ought to have, and have never seen the tango performed in any of them. And I would be surprised if it had in the Inns of Court. (which was a joke about the fabled Courts of Love).

You're all back to any old 6 letter word from 3 letters of another 6 letter word. A kid's game.

Is "glazed" still the word. I'll ponder it a while. Zebras is no good.

0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 06:25 am
@Dutchy,
aidan wrote:
where the dancers were and what they did after they danced

Dutchy wrote:
(what the dancers eyes were when looking at their loosely dressed partners)

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 06:26 am
@spendius,
You were right Spendi...This game is much more fun like this!!!
Dutchy

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 06:47 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I disagree Spades, spendi's imaginary mind produces all sorts of situations ready for a comic book. Without a doubt It's me, Aidan and Found Soul who are the witty and clever ones around here.

GLAZED is thew word.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2012 06:50 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I disagree Spades, spendi's imaginary mind produces all sorts of weird situations ready for a comic book. Without a doubt It's me, Aidan and Found Soul who are the witty and clever ones around here!

GLAZED is thew word if there are any takers.