Moods

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2012 09:27 pm
Moods shift all the time yet I would say they colour behaviour. But what interests me are the triggers and shifts of mood. I'd like to hear peoples opinions on this phenomena. Any thoughts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 819 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2012 10:57 pm
@Procrustes,
I'm just not in the mood to answer this right now.
Procrustes

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 01:11 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Funny remark, so I'll follow it with this question, "Why is this so?"
Joe Nation

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 05:21 am
@Procrustes,
He's always like that, his sullenness is unchanging.

Joe(That's actually his name.)Nation
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 05:35 am
@Procrustes,
You misspelled color. If you are going to use phenomena (plural), then you need to use "these"--also plural. However, if you wish to use "this,"--which is singular--then you need to use phenomenon, which is also singular. I guess it depends on your mood.

Phenomena
Doo doo doo doo doo
Phenomena
Doo doo doo doo
Phenomena
Doo doo doo doo doo
Phenomena
Doo doo doo doo

Procrustes

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 07:05 am
@Setanta,
I come from Australia where we spell "color" as "colour". I believe it is because we adopted it from the British. And thanks for pointing out that I should have used phenomenon rather than phenomena.

I'm sensing no one is taking this topic seriously. Seems like no one is in the "mood" to discuss it.
Setanta

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 07:09 am
@Procrustes,
Yeah, i figued . . . i knew you w'n't no 'Merican. Personally, i have trouble taking anything seriously . . .

Procrustes

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 07:37 am
@Setanta,
This is what I'm wanting to discuss. What is it that makes anyone feel the way they do about anything? Even if it was purely arbitrary, how do these moods arise?
Setanta

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 09:29 am
@Procrustes,
I can't help you. I have read and heard a good deal in recent years to suggest that none of it is arbitrary, that all of it is physiological, hormonal. I can't say if that is true.

I do know how to make a hormone, though . . .

. . . don't pay her . . .
0 Replies

odiousness

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 02:02 pm
@Procrustes,
You have a very interesting question and I would love to see some ideas or answers for it, but sadly everyone likes to be a troll.
personally I believe it's a lot like the butterfly effect something that someone does or something you did as a child affects your mood of the very second etc..
Procrustes

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2012 07:39 am
@odiousness,
I feel sometimes it is a combination of everything, in some way like a matrix combining physiology, psychology, environment, society, culture, genes, what you ate for breakfast... That sort of thing. But individually speaking it seems hardest to discern what triggers what mood sometimes.
0 Replies