begging for a heartbeat <3

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2012 11:11 am
tuesday i was told im 6 weeks nd 2 days but the baby had no heartbeat so i do more labs and i go back tomorrow which will b 6 weeks and 5 days and if still no heartbeat the doc wants me to with the miscarriage procedures but i keep reading everywhere that sometimes the heart takes a lil longer to beat sum say there had no heartbeat at 6 weeks but going back at 7 8 or 12 n they had a heartbeat soooo i dont want to go with miscarriage when theres a possiblity that the heart could start beating you know?ugh i just dont know what to do!im praying like crazy for a heartbeat tomorrow somebody please help me i could really use some guidance
#beggigngforaheartbeat<3
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 2,855 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2012 01:13 pm
@pllprincess,
Seems early to me to be all worried -
see this link, for example: http://www.fetaldopplerfacts.org/facts/dopplers/fetal-doppler-use.php
I'm not an m.d., I just googled.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2012 01:49 pm
@pllprincess,
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
0 Replies

demonhunter

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 04:59 pm
@pllprincess,
There is probably something that is not being communicated to you effectively. It is very unlikely that this decision would be made this early and even less unlikely that it would be made without looking at many other factors.

I recommend calling your doctor and asking whatever questions you can think of. If it still feels a little weird, as it does to me right now, get a second opinion (not from the internet but from a real person).
0 Replies