HIV freaked out

tkol123

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 04:37 pm
I was on a date with a woman and we went to her apartment and started deep mouth kissing. This went on for lenghty amounts of time with her biting my lower lip hard once. I also sucked on her breasts and nipples and we did alot of "dry humping" with me wearing jeans and her wearing pajama bottoms with no underwear. She told me she was very wet. She rubbed her vagina over her pajama bottoms and a little inside them then she was rubbing my penis over my jeans with the same hand. She scratched me with her nails after rubbing inside her pajama bottoms. My pants stayed on the whole time even though she unbuckled my belt and reached down but I am not sure if she rubbed the tip of my penis or not.

Since she is of unkown status could this be cause for concern for contracting HIV? I am quite anxious about this encounter. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,907 • Replies: 14

JPB

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 04:40 pm
@tkol123,
Your risks are very low even if she was known to carry the HIV virus. Don't loose any sleep over it but you can always get tested in about 6 weeks.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 04:42 pm
@tkol123,
straight up - just ask her if she has been tested recently. Otherwise, you should get tested in the near future. BTW, have you ever had a HIV test prior to this?

In the future, it's wiser to ask before you engage sexually.
tkol123

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 04:45 pm
@tkol123,
What activities did we do that would be considered risky? I am trying to learn anout this.
tkol123

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 04:46 pm
@Ragman,
We didnt have intercourse
Ragman

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 04:47 pm
@tkol123,
An excellent place for all your answers about HIV transmission is here:

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/qa/transmission.htm
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 04:47 pm
@tkol123,
I never suggested you did. Unprotected intercourse is only one of many ways of transmission.

Have you ever had an HIV test prior to now?
JPB

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 04:49 pm
@tkol123,
None
0 Replies

tkol123

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 04:50 pm
@Ragman,
Yes I have. Once. I was fine
JPB

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 04:51 pm
Do you have any reason to think this woman was in a high risk group?
tkol123

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 04:52 pm
@JPB,
She said she shot up drugs years ago but did not share a needle. That kinda freaked me out. How do I know she is telling the truth
Ragman

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 04:54 pm
@tkol123,
If you haven't been tested within the last 6 months yourself and have had unprotected sex with a partner with an unknown HIV status, your status could be questioned also.

If she was a drug user but didn't share a needle that is not risky behavior.

She needs to tell you if she has been tested for HIV in the last 6 months and what the status is. It might be that there's no issue. BTW, there are other STDs besides HIV. Do you know what her stauts is on that and what is your's?

I suggest you read over the info at the CDC link I posted for you. They're the medical experts.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 05:14 pm
@tkol123,
You don't know she was telling the truth but none of the activities you described relating to your encounter are high risk activities. Relax. If you've been tested once then you know the mechanism for getting a test. Wait 6 weeks and get tested again.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 05:53 pm
@tkol123,
tkol123 wrote:

She said she shot up drugs years ago but did not share a needle. That kinda freaked me out. How do I know she is telling the truth

Don't rely only on someone else telling you the truth. Take the time to learn about all sexually transmitted diseases, learn how best to protect yourself and then do so to the best of your abilities.

Here's a good place to start:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sexually-transmitted-diseases-stds/DS01123

It is your health and your life.
Ragman

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 08:25 pm
@Butrflynet,
waving a hand.
0 Replies