[resolved]I can't see descriptively named links...

Ceili

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 03:32 am
Hi, for the last week or two, whenever I click on a URL I have no problem being connected to the new page, but when I click on a descriptive named link, nothing happens. This is a new problem. I have recently update my pop up stopper, could this be the problem?
Aside from that everything is the same, business as usual.
I looked through the forum list but could see no similar threads, so if this is a repeat question, I'm sorry.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,261 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Monger

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 03:56 am
Well, disable your popup blocker & see if anything changes, but that doesn't sound like the problem. What browser and version number are you using? Is it consistent behavior? Do you have the same problem with the link that says "check out the story here" on this page... http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18362
0 Replies

taffykaydee

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 04:22 am
I'm having this same problem... but I dont have a pop up blocker...:confused: ???..ne one else?.. And do you even still have this problem Ceili? but I end up quoting the link and they'll but the actual link in the area ...ya know what im saying i'm sure... and then use that.. . but that is alot of trouble. Neutral

Im not sure about Ceili but Monger i do. celi? u?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 04:24 am
I'll have it fixed in five.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 04:28 am
Craven, was it a problem with overlapping tags? I noticed that over where Ceili first reported this, on Setanta's "evil" thread.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 04:29 am
It's fixed, this was a problem with a specific template (subice) so in the future please let me know what template you use.

Edit: Monger, it was just a brainfart on my end. Somehow a file for fisubice was not updated when I changed the links from that JavaScript method I was using.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 04:31 am
OK what I said was completely unrelated, but look at this code from this page...</a> is in the wrong place, although that prolly wouldn't affect most every browser...
Code:<a href="http://www.able2know.com/go/?a2kjump=http://www.gaijin.com/EvilPeople/" class="postlink" target="_blank"><span style="font-weight:bold"><span style="color:green">Evil People</a></span></span>
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 04:35 am
Hmm, can you give me a link? I'd like to look at the bb code for that post.

In any case that html will still work.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 04:40 am
I've got a link in my last post, but Doh! you're right...the poster's bbcode was just set up wrong. I'm assuming that what Ceili described has very few explanations (unless she was seeing pages differently from how I was--which was the case as you explained) so I just mentioned the tag overlapping in case there might be any particular browsers that could balk on that.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 04:52 am
Doh, second link I missed today.

Well one thing to keep in mind is that the links with anchor text are parsed with .tpl files (the template files).

So when Celi said it was specific to those kinds of links it was a big hint pointing at a template file being the problem.

I was able to check to see what template Celi and taffykaydee use but I suggest that they state it in the future to help others troubleshoot as not all will be able to check for themselves.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2004 11:22 am
Thanks Craven and Monger.
I should have mentioned I have been using subdice skin for a couple of months, but that this was a new problem. Anyway, everything is now working, tickety boo.
Thanks again.
Ceili
0 Replies

taffykaydee

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 06:22 am
oops. hehe didn't think that would be the problem.. soz... but thanks for fixin' it. Very Happy
0 Replies