Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2012 11:50 am
Hello All, it's been a while since the help I got on this forum allowed me to ressurrect an old Rainsoft brass-valve softener. It has worked great until now. The nylon gear that meshes with the motor pinion has lost a single tooth. Of course this effectively killed the timer. Does anyone know of a source for one of these gears? Maybe someone has a complete timer plate their willing to part with?

Thanks in advance,
LS
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 6,206 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Joethewaterguy

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2012 02:43 pm
@louiss3000,
these timers are obsolete. now it's all digital, if there is no dealer in your area, I'd call Rainsoft and see if they could provide you with the brass to "tc" upgrade. If the system is softening there's no reason to buy a whole new system, just replace the timer, although, if it's 120 volts the drive motor need replaced too. They have a kit for 24 volt brass - 24 v tc and a kit for 120 volt brass to 24v "tc".
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2012 06:14 am
@louiss3000,
louiss3000 wrote:

Hello All, it's been a while since the help I got on this forum allowed me to ressurrect an old Rainsoft brass-valve softener. It has worked great until now. The nylon gear that meshes with the motor pinion has lost a single tooth. Of course this effectively killed the timer. Does anyone know of a source for one of these gears? Maybe someone has a complete timer plate their willing to part with?

Thanks in advance,
LS

LS, I have the parts and the skill to refurbish the old obsolete timer.
Give me an email and I will share details.
Lewandowski911

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 12:56 pm
@H2O MAN,
Please email me with any info on parts you have H2o man I have the old style am744t my gears stripped out when my piston got stuck and what can I do to fix stuck piston. Thank you
0 Replies

Lewandowski911

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 12:58 pm
@H2O MAN,
Sorry my email is [email protected]
0 Replies

sunny904

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 05:53 pm
@H2O MAN,
I would like info on how to replace and repair my rainsoft silver series timer has gone bad teeth stripped.
0 Replies