Some days require earthquakes

SealPoet

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2004 04:00 pm
Adn thank you for sharing with us.

But let the cat go as cats always do... without a backward glance, without regrets.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2004 04:34 pm
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Boomerang, thank you for the really good memorial. Hugs to you and Mr. B.

Ah'm watching the pictures on the walls, waiting for a tilt..
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2004 08:55 pm
I think Boomerang actually did have one regret.

When she was a young cat, maybe almost a year old, her friend Ernie the dog lived downstairs in the duplex we rented. Boomerang and Ernie often spent their days together. One day, Boomerang crashed into Ernie's atrium and ate all of the baby canaries. Jill, Ernie's companion, came home to find Boomerang with tiny yellow feather sticking out of her mouth.

She and Ernie were no longer allowed to play together. She really missed Ernie.

HI osso - the great northwest seems to have survived without a quake yesterday. I really waited for it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2004 08:58 pm
This one painting in my breakfast nook keeps moving around. I keep adjusting it. We get lots of itty bitty ones here. Nothin' compared to LA...
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2004 09:54 pm
Boomerang, your tribute is beautiful and heartbreaking. My heart goes out to you and Mr. B.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2004 10:01 pm
I'm very sorry to hear that your cat Boomerang is not coming back this time. Elderly animals have a sure and ancient dignity that is wonderful to witness, but as long as you remember the wildness of her salad days, she'll never be completely gone. You had history together.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2004 10:47 pm
Can't remember who I heard this from, but I still believe it to this day.....

As long as you can remember the life lost, they will always be nearby.

Haven't said it yet, but I am very sorry for your loss, Boomerang. I have the same poem written in an envelope and tucked into my first cat's grave. K. T. was his name and I think about him every day.

That cat slept on my hip every night for years. I still miss him.
0 Replies