Capitalism self-defeating?

anneyours224

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2012 12:10 am
Really the main reason of inflation is the decrease in the productivity and availability of goods. You shouldn't blame it on the interest.
0 Replies

Ding an Sich

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 08:07 am
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

Money is created by means of loans. For every unit of currency that exists, there exists an equal amount of debt.
But lenders charge interest, which means that for every unit of currency, there exists corresponding debt plus interest. Since interest is added every time money is created, in the total economic system the amount of money owed will always exceed the amount of money that exist.

So more money is made to cover the interest, but that money too, generates interest. This is why we get inflation.

And it only gets worse. This appears to be a built in mechanic of the economic system itself, or in other words; the system creates the problem.
Strange that the problems are caused by us trying to solve them...

You sure you're not talking about central banks?
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 09:01 am
@Ding an Sich,
Quote:

Money is created by means of loans.

Quote:
You sure you're not talking about central banks?

I think money mechanics is a lot of fun. I think everyone should spend at least 40 hours researching it and trying to understand it. I also think that they may be shocked by what they find.
Cyracuz

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 10:39 am
@reasoning logic,
I think that what they will find is that is is the greatest fraud of all time.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 11:02 am
@Cyracuz,
Quote:
I think that what they will find is that is is the greatest fraud of all time.

You are probably right but the truth is very few will give it the time of day to research it.

This an old video so I would think that the statement of physical money in supply would be lower

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 12:39 am
It seems that Farrakhan may be on to something even though I do not follow him nor agree with a lot of what he says at times.

0 Replies

kb151515

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 11:04 pm
@Cyracuz,
A QUESTION... hopefully someone can answer...

Since there is debt all over the world, can we all just ease monetary policy at the same time and reset to zero? so that no country would have any debt and those who didn't have any or less would just have a surplus? wouldnt that solve all the debt issues?
0 Replies

kb151515

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2012 11:07 pm
what is all countries did QE-infinity? there would be no more debt eventually? correct? no?
0 Replies

IsmailaGodHasHeard

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 10:34 pm
@Cyracuz,
True capitalism, no. Crony capitalism, yes.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 05:58 pm
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:
And when inflation gets too high, they can increase the interest rate, which drives prices down.

Correct – because MOST businesses operate on loans, as do most people…and when MOST operate that way, raising interest rates can work, as you say, to reduce inflation.

From another angle then – according to your theory - how do you explain the increase in inflation, when, overall, interest rates have been falling for the last 3 decades?

(never knew this thread was still going)
0 Replies