Should this photo be allowed in a yearbook?

ossobuco

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 05:35 pm
@mismi,
I had this odd relationshiup with Frieda Kahlo.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 05:36 pm
@mckenzie,
I wonder what the second photo looked like.

Does she think some agent is going to go through high school yearbooks to find their next big star?
mckenzie

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 05:56 pm
@boomerang,
I'd say the second photo is at least as provocative as the first. One of these days, I'm going to set up an account somewhere so that I can post a pic. Rolling Eyes

Here's a link to the page: http://www.facebook.com/people/Miki-Spies/1366764763

ossobuco

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 06:01 pm
@mckenzie,
The simplest I know of is Photobucket. You can do it.

There are other sites with other advantages, but for a start, consider it.
mckenzie

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 06:35 pm
@ossobuco,
http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n499/gertie-mac1/SydneyStiles.jpg

Hey, osso, I guess it was about time I learned!
Rockhead

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 06:39 pm
@mckenzie,
she looks like she has to go wee...
firefly

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 06:52 pm
@Rockhead,
She's desperate for publicity. Notice the pleading look in her eyes--Somebody discover me, please!

Maybe she and mom are hoping that if enough news outlets pick up the story of her rejected pictures they'll at least get on the Today Show or Good Morning America.

No one in their right mind seriously submits photos like that for a yearbook.
chai2

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 06:56 pm
@firefly,
Is that a chastity ring she's wearing?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 08:15 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
She's desperate for publicity. Notice the pleading look in her eyes--Somebody discover me, please!

That is a well tread career path, one which is known to work. Are we supposed to look down on people who use it?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 09:03 pm
@mckenzie,
That photo is simply awful. That background with that dress and done in black and white -- poor choices all around.

I'll give the photographer this: s/he does understand lighting, something very rare in today's market.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 09:08 pm
@boomerang,
Quote:
That photo is simply awful. That background with that dress and done in black and white -- poor choices all around.

I think that these photo's are intended to be striking/unusual/edgy,,,,,and that they succeed in these goals.
boomerang

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 10:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
I'm thinking you don't look at a lot of striking, unusual, edgy photography.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 10:10 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

I'm thinking you don't look at a lot of striking, unusual, edgy photography.

What does that mean re whether this was intended to be that? People tend to not be into riddles.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 10:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
People tend to not be into riddles.

are you under the impression that you speak for anyone other than yourself?
Rockhead

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 10:18 pm
@ehBeth,
I think he's the head of some loony collective or commune in Washington State...
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 10:31 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:
People tend to not be into riddles.

are you under the impression that you speak for anyone other than yourself?

I am making the observation that riddle telling is rare, and arguing that this proves that people are not much into riddles. It would be nice if Boomer would make her point more clearly, as in this case her point gets lost in her attempt to slam me.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 10:40 pm
@mckenzie,
I like this picture (2nd one) the dress matches the wall, she has a Marilyn Monroe type body, and she is definately going after more than just a photo of herself, thinking she is "hot", she is hopeful of work from this.. Note her finger display on the bricks and the placement of the other hand. Still I wouldn't use it in a year book (shame on you Mum), but she's obviously on a mission.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 10:52 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
but she's obviously on a mission.

That is clear from the highly sexualized pic submitted to the yearbook, a shot that would not get approved anywhere.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 11:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
I like pointing out the obvious.

Actually, I was referring more to the display of her fingers on the brick, as to her mission...of being recognised and wanting fame.. She's been practising for quite a while... Most girls that age, would just put their hand on the wall.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 11:34 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Actually, I was referring more to the display of her fingers on the brick, as to her mission

I picked up on that as odd and important as soon as I looked at the pic, but I could not figure out why until you mentioned it. Thanks.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 02:43:09