Campers cornered by croc

dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 08:16 am
Sure, 1, 2, 3,
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 08:17 am
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

And, 'tis an odd man who neglects the bottom hamper - still, to each his own...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 08:19 am
Courtesy of Mr. Stillwater...

Quote:
Yeah, but when there's 4m of crocodile out to make an entree of you who do you want hanging on the scaly b@stard's tail? Gustav?

Actually, I'm the man for the job. I've wrestled crocodiles before. I've fought Grizzlies with a pocketknife, and I've chased a sheep an- oops, forget that one.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 08:24 am
Bunny, there is no nautical term which refers to "bottom hamper" . . . but you suit yourself . . .
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 08:48 am
but all this aside, we do agree that these people would have been in some "homorable Mention" status for the Darwin awards.
Not stupid enough to get the gold but just dum enough to catch the judges attention.

I would sleep near a croc infested stream in Australia, all in the relative comfort ofa Bradley Fighting v ehicle. with the auto-gun feature engaged.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 09:03 am
I'm strictly from the "getting old and addicted to my comfort" crowd. I'd be happy to view Oztralia's sunny climes, and go back to the motel each night.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 01:08 pm
Mr Stillwater wrote:
farmerman wrote:
...casually live in a country wherein everything will sting you, poison you, paralyze you, or snap you like a pretzel

I think you have just worked out why a herpetologist and croc hunter has become a celebrity in Australia.
He's not such a celebrity in Oz!

And farmerman's right -
farmerman wrote:
well, if its Steve Irwin you mean, I think he is just one bale short of a ton.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 03:31 pm
Ah Set - when you guys come, by all means retire to the motel - but be aware that millions of folk camp out every year, and come to no harm.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 03:34 pm
I have no doubt, and when younger, i loved to camp, even in bear country (still a lot of that here). But i'm fat, lazy and addicted to self-indulgence.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 03:44 pm
Cosmic twins!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 06:31 pm
Nobody better come to the door of my RV. Im armed like the mississippi National guard
0 Replies