Here's A Puzzling Question

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 12:54 am
God doesn't enter into this particular equation. Let's place the blame of the Bear for not properly maintaining his vehicle.

Let's say Bear went over his vehicle with a fine-toothed comb last week, checking all the important stuff, and in the process noticed there was a corroded line entering the brake caliper. Bear runs to the auto store, buys a new line and installs it.

Leap ahead. Bear is delivering balloons or pizza, whatever it was, and the night goes beautifully, everything smooth, people happy, money in Bear's pocket.

At the end of the night should Bear thank God for allowing him to have the foresight to maintain his vehicle and notice the corroded line?

I think not.

And by the way, Bear, I'm not after Squinney. I don't play those kinds of games.

But.... if she ever leaves you... drop me a line.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 07:24 am
Gus, you can't plan for that kind of thing.

You have given me a great idea though. Pizza -In-A-Balloon. Festive, hot, and guaranteed on time!!!!

Our specialty...the Pepperoni Pinata. Nothing warms my heart more than the thought of little Johnny breaking open a pinata and having steaming hot cheese slide out and onto his sweet face. There's a Kodak moment for you.

We will need someone to maintain our fleet of old mini vans. Are you available Gus? We'll give you a title, any title you please, and one of those cool baseball caps with a slice hanging off of it.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 07:40 am
I'm in, brother. Sign me up.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 07:58 am
Bear: God may be watching you but He's not watching out for you.
You have to do that.
Just because God loves you like a Father doesn't mean He's going to act like your Daddy. Like it or not this creation is on it's own, all God has done is give you all the tools to make your way.
You know what's right or you can ask to be told. If you ask, you have to shut up long enough to listen for the answer.
Meanwhile,
thank God for this world with all it's wonders and it's works.
Love one another.
Speak only the truth.
Accept what is your responsibility.
Don't assume anything.
Do your best work all the time.

Don't worry about the devil, I saw him last night and he said you scare the bejesus out of him.

Joe
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 08:28 am
He sent a couple of succubus' to my show. They were tempted but were afraid they wouldn't have the versatility or stamina to keep up.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 08:49 am
Laughing

Hey, I just poured myself a cup of expresso and re-read Asherman's post above. Pretty good summation of the God/Miracle dilemma.

Be well.

J
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 09:06 am
Bear, I like to think of God in the way that I think of music. Often, When the gig seems the best, and we are all delighted that we were at the top of our form, the paying public is "not amused". It's a real let down, and we try and find someone to blame. Usually, it's anyone but ourselves. That's natural. The main thought that you should hold on to is that you still have your brake lining, right?

Glad you're ok, Bear, and I'm sure Arthur is, too. Razz

Ahem. A succubus is a demon spawned by the moon who ravishes men as they sleep. Queen Mab, on the other hand, plagues lovely women with fever blisters. Now there's good and evil for 'ya.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 09:16 am
So that explains those funny dreams and why the sheets stick to me. That's painful to peel sometimes. Damn those succubus' anyway....
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 09:20 am
Teachers have an explanation for everything, Bear. I was a good teacher. How's come I ain't rich? Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 09:29 am
Hey Bear. Sorry to hear about the brakes and the lost job. Glad you weren't hurt.

Here's my quick take on the spiritual question:
This is not a perfect world.
Nothing works right all the time.
Give thanks that you survived it.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 09:31 am
Letty wrote:
Teachers have an explanation for everything, Bear. I was a good teacher. How's come I ain't rich? Evil or Very Mad

Because you were a teacher, duh! Rolling Eyes
I'm sorry that we have such a convoluted system of values. You oughta be.
0 Replies

micah

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 06:43 pm
Re: Here's A Puzzling Question
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Why am I supposed to thank God and give him the praise for my car not hitting the house or the fence, but I'm blasphemous if I blame him for the brakes failing

"our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory." paul

when you are thankful for even trials and tribulations, you are in turn joyful....and joy is the whole beings attitude of "thank you" to God. would you wish to deprive yourself and God this rare joy that is available and free for the taking.

God never promised us immunity from difficulties....but he did offer peace in difficulties. his guidance is often by shut doors. our finite minds can not fully comprehend the divine mind.

this life we have here, thankfully, is full of OPPORTUNITIES for us to prove our unselfish heart and our love of God...by helping to lift another soul out of the sea of sin, or disease, or doubt into which man has fallen.
0 Replies