What is the difference between a model sheet and a "character study" in cartooning/animation?

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 03:26 pm
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
Did you know there is a Mavericker Appreciation Society page on Facebook?

They collect quotes from your posts there. Shall I copy some of them here?
too funny...
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 03:26 pm
@JGoldman10,
Then knock it off and behave yourself.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 03:29 pm
@Butrflynet,
THEN STOP "VOLUNTEERING" STUFF ABOUT ME.

How do you know that is ME? - there are dozens of people calling themself "Mavericker".
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 03:32 pm
@JGoldman10,
How about WaruDashi? Shall I post some of his quotes?
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 03:41 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Anyway, I found the answer when I looked it up in in Google Image search.
Character studies are just mood/personality drawings.

Model sheets are just drawings to show how a character is constructed how to draw different poses, and facial expressions, etc. as a point of reference.

Question answered - end of thread, unless someone with more incite has something to share.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 04:06 pm
Never a dull moment. You just can't make this stuff up, folks! Drunk
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 04:33 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I know a model sheet is a guide animators and cartoonists use to help draw a character; it shows what characters look like from difference views, relative sizes, facial expressions, poses, etc. What is the difference between that and a "character study"? I have heard artists use the term "character study".Aren't they basically the same thing, or is a "character study" just a series of drawings of a character that are made to get the feel of a character's personality? Can some please define "character study" is in art terms and explain what the difference between that and a model sheet? Please help - thank you.

I was an art student- I was not 100% sure what a "character study" is - I have seen animators and other artists use this term.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 07:51 pm
I think this is what I meant to ask:

What is the technical term for mood/personality sketches if it isn't called a "character study"?

A "character study" from what I understand is a written analysis of a character's personality in a work of literature.What is the technical term for mood/personality sketches if it isn't called a "character study"? I did a Google image search on "character study" and found images of personality.mood drawings of characters, not model sheets- please help.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 08:05 pm
@Butrflynet,
You are worried about some CRAP that transpired on ANOTHER FORUM. I DON'T LIKE FACEBOOK OR USE IT.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 08:29 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

Did you know there is a Mavericker Appreciation Society page on Facebook?

They collect quotes from your posts there. Shall I copy some of them here?

omg
I just looked at that.

what a trip.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 10:00 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I think this is what I meant to ask:

What is the technical term for mood/personality sketches if it isn't called a "character study"?

A "character study" from what I understand is a written analysis of a character's personality in a work of literature.What is the technical term for mood/personality sketches if it isn't called a "character study"? I did a Google image search on "character study" and found images of personality.mood drawings of characters, not model sheets- please help.

IS there someone here who can please answer this question? Because when I Google images of "character studies" I get character stills not model sheets.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 02:44 am
This is an example of what I was talking about:

http://blvd-square.deviantart.com/art/Character-Study-Sketches-129539527

This is "character study sketches"- how is this different from a model sheet?
saab

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 04:01 am
@JGoldman10,
I really have no idea at all, but when I look at it it seems to be this:

character study shows different feelings expressed in the face and in body language.
Model sheet shows only the body in different positions without any form of feelings. Front, sideways, back.
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 04:56 pm
@saab,
I want to be sure about this- I was an animation student, so I know what a model sheet is.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 06:20 pm
@Butrflynet,
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY BEHAVIOR. I DID NOT ASK YOU WHAT YOU THOUGHT. I HAVE ASKED YOU COUNTLESS TIMES TO STOP GOING ELSEWHERE AND BRINGING UP STUFF ABOUT ME ON OTHER SITES- THAT IS HARASSMENT. WHAT I DO ON OTHER SITES IS NOT YOUR BUSINESS OR CONCERN -STOP MAKING IT YOUR BUSINESS. I DO NOT KNOW HOW MANY MORE TIMES I NEED TO SAY THAT TO YOU. YOU ARE NOT MY MOTHER OR PASTOR SO BACK OFF. I AM NOT A CHILD AND I AM NOT SCARED OF YOU. YOU ARE ON HERE CONSTANTLY TRYING TO TURN OTHERS AGAINST ME.

I AM SICK OF YOUR ABUSE AND BLATANT DISRESPECT TOWARDS ME.

I REPORTED YOU TO THE ADMINS.

YOU CLAIM I AM ABUSING PMS BY TELLING PEOPLE OFF - SOME OF THESE DEVILS NEED TO BE TOLD OFF.

I AM NOT SACRED OF ANYONE ON HERE- ESPECIALLY YOU.
0 Replies