What kind of Sweetener do You put in Whipping Cream?

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 11:05 pm
My family always used powdered sugar growing up, so that is what I have used. Then for the last year I have used regular since I dont have it on hand now that the kids are older and I am not making birthday cakes. I see today on the web someone saying that the reason to use powdered is that it helps keep the cream from over whipping into butter, something that I have never heard before.

What do you use, and why?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,588 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 11:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
Put the granulated sugar into a food processor or blender for half a minute and you'll have something very close to the powdered sugar you used to use.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 11:41 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

Put the granulated sugar into a food processor or blender for half a minute and you'll have something very close to the powdered sugar you used to use.
Not exactly...powdered sugar has corn starch which I assume is the agent that keeps the cream from over whipping.

EDIT: I looked it up...2 tablespoons corn starch for every cup of granulated...that is a lot of cornstarch.
0 Replies