Happy Boithday, BOIDA!

Roberta

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 03:36 am
@msolga,
Barry, This Noo Yawk kid says thanks.

olga, You've outdone yourself. I love the hamster/donut. I love the water color pencils. I didn't even know there were such things. But I mostly especially love dat boid. The kid's got talent. Not perfect? Who cares. He whistles with heart. Love it. Thanks mucho mucho.
msolga

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 04:45 am
@Roberta,
Yes, Roberta, but the verdict on the chocolate soufflé?
(You know how details of such things fascinate me. Wink )
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 10:04 am
First I need to say
http://www.freemyspacegraphics.com/Graphics/Happy_Birthday_Graphics/images/happy_birthday_new42.gif

You see me and a hundred others were on our way to sing a birthday greeting when we got stopped along the way by this cop...

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/new-york-subway-vintage.jpg

He held us at the station for a while and then we were allowed to proceed so your birthday greetings are now here courtesy of
http://gothamist.com/attachments/arts_jen/mtabdaycake030111.jpg

A belated and sincere Happy Birthday to you, hope the day was great and the next year more than exceeds your desires in every way.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 11:19 am
So......where's the Humungous birthday kvetch?

We are all waiting with bated breath and popcorn.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 11:34 am
http://media.onsugar.com/files/2011/04/17/4/1587/15876343/23/Happy_Birthday.jpg
Hope I'm not too late for the party...
Roberta

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 01:00 pm
@Ceili,
olga, The chocloate souffle cake was a little too souffle-ey and insufficiently cakey. However, the taste was lush, rich, and not overly sweet. I enjoyed every mouthful. (Didn't forget the candle.)

Sturgis, A birthday subway train. Love dat. We native Noo Yawkers have a soft spot in our hearts for underground railroads. Thanks mucho. (I wouldn't mess with that cop. He looks old school to me.)

Bunny, My kvetch on the kvetch thread wasn't enough? Being rudely awakened by a live rock band under my window isn't enough? I gotta come up with another kvetch?

Got one! (There's a shock for you.) I kvetched several years back about the fact that I grunted every time I had to get out of a cushy seat. Now I would welcome the grunt. At least I'd be out of the seat. Standing up has become a challenge. A few months back I had to get down on the floor to check some computer wires. I had to plan how I would get back up. I had to move stuff near me to lean on. A simple action had become a major production. I was in the bank a few weeks ago. I sat down while I rummaged through my bag to find some papers. Then I couldn't get up. A guard wanted to know if I needed help. I don't mind aging, but this standing up business is from hunger.

Ceili, No such thing as too late for the party. At least according to me. Thanks for those birthday cuties.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 01:40 pm
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROBERTA!!!

Wish I could do better, but this will have to suffice. Not feeling well enough to sit at the computer for long. Came down with shingles this week - OW OW OW OW OW! I'm not usually a kvetcher, but this seems especially kvetch-worthy. Pain meds kicking in again...lalalalalala....have another dozen Oreos for me!
Roberta

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 02:26 pm
@Eva,
Eva, Good to see you. Thanks for the birthday wish. Sorry to hear about the shingles. Ouch, oy, ow.

I hope you're feeling better soon.
0 Replies