My name is dlowan, and I am a biblioholic........

fealola

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 01:51 pm
ebeth, tell about what happened. Where did you drop, and did you get a response?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 01:56 pm
I did one of the 'group' drops, where everybody drops a book on the same topic at the same time. I haven't been notified of a pickup yet. errrr, where? Subway station. I'm worried, a bit, that it might have been taken to the lost and found! LOL
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 03:20 pm
fealola wrote:
I like the idea too! I'm going to have to make an effort and try it. (I'm a procrastinator and not very organized!)

Diowan, do you know about this?

Yep, thankee.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 03:26 pm
Fealola, you make good points, but I just can't do it. Too often, for too many reasons, I am suddenly seized with the need to look up some passage, and am so happy to be able to do so, instantly. Maybe a silly, unnecessary luxury, but for now, while our books are not yet a hazard to anyone's health (we have about a dozen bookcases, some books piled up but not too bad), I'm keeping them.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 03:28 pm
Sure! If it doesn't bother you, keep them-- Why not? I just get over whelmed with the clutter! I love geting rid of STUFF.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 03:31 pm
Oh, I'm with you on the clutter thing, 100%. That's actually part of the "instantly" thing, above... my books are organized, and I can find any given book within a minute or so. (A friend of mine didn't believe me, so he tested me -- naming random books -- and I showed him. Ha.)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 04:13 pm
Organized books! Oh my!

You should SEE my place! I am cleaning out the study as well, now - my place looks like a bomb hit it....
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 05:07 pm
That's great, Soz!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2004 01:26 am
Oh my! My study is 80% re-organized. For now - another huge attack is called for later - but for now - wow!

A boot-load (trunk to some of you) books has gone.

Next - the second-hand furniture person and the junk removalist!

Oh, and some of you know about the horrid attempt to get rid of the 3rd tier on the cat gym!

The fella who put the new book-case/display cabinet together had a bendy drill attachment that caught my eye - he managed to get the top tier off - with enormous difficulty!!!!!!

He was a darlin' - took me forever to let me pay him, but I won. Couldn'a get him to take what the job was worth, though - (he snuck half of what I paid him onto the kitchen bench when I wasn't looking)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2004 01:27 am
I feel so saintly...
0 Replies