CONRAD MURRAY, M.D. DEFENDANT: WHATAYATHINK???

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 01:14 pm
@hawkeye10,
Oh yeah, I forgot..........those evil feminists.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 01:16 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
I'm fine. That's one thing no one gets in trouble for around here. We have times when we have absolutely nothing to do. People read books, listen to books, etc. I wouldn't be doing it if it wasn't okay! You can count on that. It's better than taking a nap......................not mentioning names.

Call me whatever you are comfortable with.
I remember reading books or newspapers on-the-clock
while awaiting judicial conferences. U needed to wait your turn every day.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 01:21 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

The feminists are a political pressure group, they are doing what political pressure groups do, and have done it very successfully. The offensive party is the United States Government, which was supposed to represent all of us, was supposed to be concerned with justice and fairness. It has failed...its partnership with the feminists in the oppression of men is offensive, unjust, and illegal.
firefly

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 02:43 pm
@hawkeye10,
What does this have to do with the trial of Conrad Murray?

Can't you ever control your obsessions with feminists?
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 02:45 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

What does this have to do with the trial of Conrad Murray?

Can't you ever control your obsessions with feminists?
I did not bring the subject up, so if you have a complaint kindly take it up with the person who did.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 04:56 pm
@firefly,
He didn't bring it up. I did. My apologies.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2011 09:00 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
it looks like it is possible he could profit from his crime. I am in no way any kind of legal expert so what do you think?

I think he can profit from it--if there are any takers.

Michael Jackson fans seem determined to boycott any efforts by Murray to do that, judging by what I'm reading on the internet.
http://mjanwatch.wordpress.com/2011/11/08/fans-take-action-against-conrad-murray%E2%80%99s-outrageous-documentary/
And they have online petitions
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/boycottconradmurraymediadeals/
Quote:
Following his conviction it emerged that Murray had been co-operating with a documentary team for the last two years, and the film will be broadcast around the world later this week.

It was made by British producers October Films and directed by award-winning documentary maker Tom Roberts.

October Films said Murray was paid a nominal $1 fee for the film.

But the doctor could later profit through interview and book deals in America. California's so-called "Son of Sam" law, which had prevented felons profiting from publicity surrounding their crimes, was struck down by the state Supreme Court in 2002, allowing convicts like Murray to sell their stories.

When he started work for Jackson, Murray was hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt. He had just been ordered by a court to pay $363,000 for medical equipment at his Las Vegas clinic, and two other lawsuits claiming he owed another $240,000 were pending. He had also just been ordered to repay $71,000 in student loans dating back to the 1980s, and owed child support.

As he waited for his trial to take place his $1.6 million Las Vegas home was repossessed after he fell more than $100,000 behind on mortgage payments.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/michael-jackson/8877371/Michael-Jackson-trial-Conrad-Murray-placed-on-suicide-watch.html
He may have only been paid $1 for participating in that documentary, "Michael Jackson and The Doctor: A Fatal Friendship", but he might receive a share of the profits, and it's slated to be broadcast all over the world.
I'm curious enough to want to watch that documentary that will be on this week, but I wouldn't believe anything Conrad Murray said happened the day Jackson died because he's clearly got a vested interest in lying. For that reason, I would not read any books by him, or really want to watch him give any interviews.
If no one is buying what he tries to sell, he won't make much money. The public interest is in Jackson, I don't know how many people are really interested in Murray, or anything he has to say.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 01:25 am
@hawkeye10,
Arella Mae wrote:
hawkeye10 wrote:
The feminists are a political pressure group, they are doing what political pressure groups do, and have done it very successfully. The offensive party is the United States Government, which was supposed to represent all of us, was supposed to be concerned with justice and fairness. It has failed...its partnership with the feminists in the oppression of men is offensive, unjust, and illegal.
I think that the key to dealing with that
is in NOT making ANY remarks of a personal nature on-the-job.

David
0 Replies