I need help getting my dream job again! Im a rehire. HELP!

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 11:09 pm
Hi. So I worked for Mcdonalds in like March of last year then in November..I requested 2 days off for a family emergency. And so it got torward November 10th i was leaving that night, and on the 9th I received my schedule and it had me working for the 10th and the 12th. So I told a manager and she said I wrote it on the wrong book. They had like 6 books that had calendars on it so i wrote it on one that i saw with peoples names on it. The manager said she would find someone to cover my shifts, until this day I dunno if she kept her word. So I came back and on the 20th of November I was suppose to work from 6pm-10pm and I had the flu. So I wasnt able to call. Nor was anyone else casue I live alone. And so I went friday to pick up my check and another manager said I had to talk to the store manager because I was no call no show twice which is wrong cause I only didnt show up once and so I was terrified to go back. So i did the stupidest thing and saw that the store manager had a Facebook so I sent her a message and explained my situation .And she said I figured you had quit sorry but you are no longer employed here. So I asked her could I reapply and she never responded.So in like May of this year I reapplied and I got an interview like a week later. It went good and everything and it was at the same Mcdonalds I worked at.and so I thanked the new manager who interviewed me but as soon as she got up another manager came and said to her hey i need to tell you something. Its about Callie(thats me) And she was whispering. Well back when i 1st started, it was hott and everything. So this manager Stacy took me outside and told me i had a bad BO. So i fixed it. Until this day I have no idea what she said to the girl who interviewed me. And so for MONTHS I have been trying sooo hard to get on at Mcdonalds. And I went the day after National Hiring day and waited 4 hours for the hiring manager at one Mcdonalds I saw her she said she wouldbe back but she didnt come back. So everytime I call they say theyll pull my application and they do but they never do anything. It makes me SUPER mad! Did the Mcdonalds I worked at put something on my background like not to hire me back or anything? I mean i wasnt fired. Why wont the mcdonalds that are hiring wont hire me? I havent been able to really eat or sleep! Everyday Im up till 4am and my mind wonders. Im SUPER depressed. Im SO unhappy I know it sounds stupid but Mcdonalds is where I wanna be!! HELP PLEASE I have applied to EVERY Mcdonalds in my city! ! I would work at Mcdonalds for 4 bucks an hour if only they would hire me!! Ive had 2 interviews at McDonalds and they have seem to have went good. Why dont they want me back?? Serious answers only. You know how it feels when you have found the job you wanna stick with. Thats how i was at McDs.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,620 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 04:04 am
@hookedonhicks,
Okay. Deep breath.

Give it, I dunno, a week (assuming you can afford this delay). Reapply. Interview again (you don't seem to have problems getting interviews).

Go in looking neat, clean and fresh (and smelling that way, too; sorry but I guess I have to specify this). Smile. Emphasize that you are a hard worker, that you like the atmosphere and really want to be there. You want to do well for the manager (the person who is interviewing you).

Do not mention other times working at McDs, unless required to on the application. And even then, just the basics, e. g. the dates and places where you worked. You may need to answer a question something like "were you fired?" Don't go into a long explanation. Just say, you were, and you have learned from the experience and it will not happen again. Don't volunteer details. Just answer whatever is asked.

Be positive and confident. Don't be overly needy.

Best of luck to you.
0 Replies