Why do you suppose Jesus never condemned slavery?

neologist

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 10:03 am
@spendius,
I believe you are saying that Frank's confirmation bias is motivated by desire for license.

Oh! Perish the thought! Mr. Green
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 11:40 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

You are a bit dated, Frank. Things have changed since the 3rd century AD, you know?

The new breed of anti-Empire religious nuts are called Muslims. They are the victims-cum-beneficiaries of the modern lions that the drones are...

I'm not dated...you simply applied an inappropriate analogy. We were talking CHRISTIANS and lions...you brought up the drones.

One of the things you will have to clean up in order to become the great Internet force that you apparently think you already are....is your inability to acknowledge when you screw up.

By the way "The new breed of anti-Empire religious nuts are called Muslims. "

Does that mean you consider the old Christians to be religious nuts?
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 11:41 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

I believe you are saying that Frank's confirmation bias is motivated by desire for license.

Oh! Perish the thought! Mr. Green

Sure! Like you can understand what Spendius is saying!
neologist

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 11:42 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
One of the things you will have to clean up in order to become the great Internet force that you apparently think you already are....is your inability to acknowledge when you screw up.
neologist

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 11:43 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
But Frank. You don't understand what I am saying . . . .
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 12:11 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
But Frank. You don't understand what I am saying . . . .

I understand what you are saying most of the time...and when I don't, I ask. Normally I understand your explanations.

With Spendius... .... .....
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 12:12 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

This is one of those times when I do not understand what you are intending to say without saying anything. Any explanation you are willing to offer will be appreciated.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 12:28 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I'm not dated...you simply applied an inappropriate analogy. We were talking CHRISTIANS and lions...you brought up the drones.

I brought up drones because you asked why I was not asking for more lions. Lions are now a protected species, and totally obsolete as an ideological or military tool. So are war horses and elephants, BTW.

Why do you think my analogy was inappropriate?

Quote:

That's certainly how they were seen by classic, pagan Romans... and if those had won the fight, we would have inherited that view. For better or for worse, they chose to fight Christianity with arms that only strengthened the new faith, and they lost.
neologist

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 12:29 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
neologist wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
This is one of those times when I do not understand what you are intending to say without saying anything. Any explanation you are willing to offer will be appreciated.
Just an observation of your flawless reasoning, Frank.
spendius

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 12:39 pm
@neologist,
Quote:

Bearing in mind his age I think it may be more of a habit conditioned at a time when such a consideration was uppermost in his thoughts.

Why he is fearful of attacking the Church on the basis that it's restrictions on such license are unreasonable and unnatural in this day and age I cannot imagine. There are, after all, many academic sources to cite in support of such a position. Although most of the ones I have read take the same escape hatch as rl's man did and have the theology on ignore.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 02:08 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:

I brought up drones because you asked why I was not asking for more lions. Lions are now a protected species, and totally obsolete as an ideological or military tool. So are war horses and elephants, BTW.

Why do you think my analogy was inappropriate?

Take another look at what you wrote that I called inapproriate. You should be able to figure it out.

Quote:

Quote:

That's certainly how they were seen by classic, pagan Romans... and if those had won the fight, we would have inherited that view. For better or for worse, they chose to fight Christianity with arms that only strengthened the new faith, and they lost.

Is that a "yes?"
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 02:11 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
neologist wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Just an observation of your flawless reasoning, Frank.

Why didn't you just say so?

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 02:12 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:

Bearing in mind his age I think it may be more of a habit conditioned at a time when such a consideration was uppermost in his thoughts.

Why he is fearful of attacking the Church on the basis that it's restrictions on such license are unreasonable and unnatural in this day and age I cannot imagine. There are, after all, many academic sources to cite in support of such a position. Although most of the ones I have read take the same escape hatch as rl's man did and have the theology on ignore.

Hi, Sweetie. Still obsessed with me, I see. Careful with your beer!
izzythepush

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 02:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I'm obsessed with you Frank. I think it's your beard that does it.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 02:49 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I'm obsessed with you Frank. I think it's your beard that does it.

Yeah...the beard often leads to that, Izzy. Wink
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 03:52 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Take another look at what you wrote that I called inapproriate. You should be able to figure it out.

I don't have a problem with it. If you do, you gona have to explain what your problem is.

Quote:
Is that a "yes?"

More of a don't know, really. Pros and cons... You should be proud of me not making a call when I don't think I can. :-)
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 04:08 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
More of a don't know, really. Pros and cons... You should be proud of me not making a call when I don't think I can. :-)

You and Frank do share some common ground.

Quote:
You should be proud of me not making a call when I don't think I can. :-)

Are you able to make a call on whether there is a possible existence of fairies and elves?
Olivier5

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 04:15 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Are you able to make a call on whether there is a possible existence of fairies and elves?

Yes I can. Anything else you want to know?
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 04:25 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Yes I can. Anything else you want to know?

Yes, What is your call?
spendius

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 05:07 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Why are you chickenshit fearful of attacking the Church on the basis that it's restrictions on sexual license are unreasonable and unnatural in this day and age?

I presume you have at least a vague idea about what some scientists have claimed are the inevitable health risks of such unnatural restrictions. If you haven't then what you spout on these matters is unworthy of notice except as an exercise of the vocal chords.

Are you afraid of condemning those restrictions or of the State having to impose them if the Church leaves the scene?

You answer that question. Yes--do.

2000 year old societies breeding too fast for desert conditions are things you know nothing about.