57

Why do you suppose Jesus never condemned slavery?

bulmabriefs144

-1  
Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2021 05:50 am
@Jasper10,
These guys are a better guide to Buddhism that any text. They aren't true Buddhists (they believe in someone called El Cantare), but they understand better than most Buddhists can explain.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YAHL11oOgCk
The Buddha believed in freeing oneself from the cycle of death. As a creature of nature, you die, again and again and again. The Buddha lived in a weirdly padded life until he managed to see suffering, sickness, and especially death. Now, I don't share his conclusions about there being no self, but far more important were his ideas about overcoming the delusions of the mind. Specifically, he taught that Mara, or earthly illusions, distract one from seeking truth in this life. Fear often keeps us in a state of misery. And joy often distracts us as well, by keeping us from questioning our lives.

Jasper10

1  
Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2021 11:04 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Thanks I will take a look…The fundamental point I was making is that most sects of Buddhism claim that SELF does not exist…Yeah that’s one HOPE…but it’s not the only HOPE…….It amazes me how many people get brainwashed by Buddhism…..which is just a “split consciousness” practice….hence dualism…
Jasper10

1  
Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2021 11:37 pm
@Jasper10,
Buddhism is based upon 0,1 and 1,0 logic output possibility HOPES only and is closely connected to NEGATIVE nihilism which concludes that God and SELF don’t exist due to the HOPE that 0 and 1 are the same.

POSITIVE nihilism considers the additional logic output possibility HOPES of 0,0 and 1,1 as well which concludes that God and SELF do exist due to the HOPE that 0 and 1 are not the same.