[answered]...deleting spam posts?

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 04:04 am
I know this is a lot to ask but I am trying to launch a grassroots campaign that was undermined when a long string of spam took over the thread. The flame war eventually subsided and we are all at peace now and all involved parties have expressed regret for derailing the thread. But the damage is done. The number of people who voted in support of my movement came to a standstill. The spam is greatly undermining this thread...

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17764&start=0

I was wondering if you could please consider clearing away this spam and helping the thread regain it's focus and momentum by clearing away all but the first 14 posts(found on the first page) and the last 2 pos made that were made by me(found on the second pag). Your assistence in this would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks for your time.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,240 • Replies: 4
No top replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 05:31 am
Welcome to the kinder, gentler, more peaceful world of politics, kid.

What you are requesting is censorship as insideous as any perpetrated by the opposition.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 05:47 am
Centroles--

On the top right hand corner of every posting is a box named "Report". When you want to contact a moderator, click that box and follow directions.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 05:58 am
I agree with SealPoet.

Centroles- It looks like you have put a lot of work into this. I would infer that this subject has some very deep meaning for you. It is understandable that you might become upset, when you think that some members are not taking your efforts seriously. But remember, so long as a member does not go against the A2K Terms of Service, he has the right to respond in whatever manner he sees fit.

The Politics Forum may often be contentious, so it is best to be prepared for dissention. In the words of Harry Truman, who knew a thing or two, "If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen!"
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 06:02 pm
Not to sound mean, but A2K is an open discussion website, not a single-agenda affirmation website. Dissent and controversy, particularly in the political forums, is to be expected; it is the entire point of the exercize. Stating a position or forwarding an argument places on the initiator the burden of support.

Anyone is welcome to join in anywhere, within the rules of appropriate posting behavior. Countering objections to your thesis is entirely your concern, no natter the merit of that thesis or the challenges put thereto. If a point you have made is challenged, you have essentially two choices: argue your point or concede your point. Should you choose to argue your point, you may or may not prevail, dependent more on your debating skills, as compared to those of your opponents than on either the absolute or relative merits.

Of course, the alternative, to choose to not argue a point which has been challenged amounts to conceeding that point.

There are lots of websites where you won't find opposition to some one or another particular point of view, where demands for objective proofs, rational foundations, and logical development are immaterial. A2k ain't one of that sort of website, no matter what may be your particular point of view. Folks come here, and stay here, precisely for that reason. If there IS a different opinion, an alternate point of view, regardless the proposition, it likely can be found here.

Of course, that's just my own point of view, but I'd be more than happy to discuss the matter of free-flowing discussion with as much energy as you care to put into it.
0 Replies