Don't you think God should step down and let Steve Jobs take over now?

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 08:44 am
Now that Steve has passed on, I think he should take the reins up in heaven, and relieve that mean, incompetent douchebag that's been running things for the past...well, forever. Just the fact that He's been in the job so long should tell you that He has to be getting burnt out. And just look at the state of the world. We practically have one whole continent that's starving, you never know when an earthquake or a tsunami is going to come and kill tens of thousands more, and Kim Kardashian remains a celebrity. If that isn't the work of a complete incompetent then I don't know what is.

I think we need a new guy up there, someone who knows what the **** their doing. And who better to fill the position of "Intelligent Designer" than Steve Jobs. Agreed?

Sturgis

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 09:12 am
@kickycan,
I thought he already had taken over. I mean wasn't he like connected to that husband and wife from the garden of Eden, and all, wasn't that the true and deeperened meaning of Apple as the company name?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 09:13 am
If Steve can make me rich and bring back Ray Charles, I am totally on board.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 09:26 am
@edgarblythe,
You can be Steve Jobs righthand apostle and I'll be your righthand apostle. I think that'd make me vice pope or something in this no church of Jobs.
kickycan

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 09:38 am
@tsarstepan,
Excellent. Now all we have to do is write the bible...oh my god, I've found the sacred writings right here! And it's only $23 on Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1118023765/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=020170899X&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=08J9K3CM0M07TJ27FVBP
wandeljw

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 09:54 am
@kickycan,
Your premise makes perfect sense.

By the way, Gus was asking about you a few days ago, kickycan.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 10:04 am
@kickycan,
Steve Jobs could help Hippocrates to improve his treatment of Pancreatic cancer since God failed at it.

BBB

0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 10:10 am
@kickycan,
Quote:
you never know when an earthquake or a tsunami is going to come and kill tens of thousands more

Good point. I think earthquakes are God's equivalent of a system error. (I shudder to think of what would happen to us if God ever got the blue screen of death.) Steve Jobs would much better at this, I agree. If he takes over, though, I hope he gives people enough time to upgrade when he switches from Universe 10.7.8 to version 10.7.9. I don't want to get left behind in a plague of locusts or oceans of blood just because I'm still stuck on Snow Leopard.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 10:14 am
@kickycan,
Good. You're shopping at Amazon. Buying that book on iTunes would have cost at least $10's more.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 12:03 pm
I recently bought a new iMac, and I ordered the remote control they offer on the website as well. I found when I got it up and running that the remote doesn't work so good with the Lion OS. It does work as far as volume and pause and play, but the menu didn't work. I called and they told me to keep the remote and they'd refund my money, no problem. Don't even bother sending the remote back. And I've always had courteous articulate helpful service in the past. They would actually fix my problems when I called.

I would expect the same kind of world if Steve Jobs was God, which he could be right now, for all we know. We can hope.

God (Steve): Heaven speaking, how may I help you today?

You: Yeah, my nose is ugly. Could you fix it?

God: Okay, get on your iGod*, go to the app store and search for "Noses." I'll wait on the line here. Go ahead.

You: Yeah, there it is, right there. Okay, let me download it, stay with me please until it—

God: Don't worry sir, I'm right here with you...

You: Yeah, there it is! It worked! Oh my god, I'm GORGEOUS! Thanks, God!

Steve: It was nothing. Have a nice day.

You: Right back at ya, God!

*everyone will have them, and they will be the coolest consumer item in the universe, and every couple years when they announce the newest iteration, people will swoon, and there will be much joy and rejoicing in his name.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 12:09 pm
@wandeljw,
I'm glad you agree. You never know, this thread may be divinely inspired—2,000 years from now who knows how things will have been misinterpreted. I might be known as a freakin' apostle!

Gus was around? Wow, haven't heard from him in a long time. I'll look him up. Thanks for the word.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 12:53 pm
@kickycan,
kickycan wrote:

Now that Steve has passed on, I think he should take the reins up in heaven, and relieve that mean, incompetent douchebag that's been running things for the past...well, forever. Just the fact that He's been in the job so long should tell you that He has to be getting burnt out. And just look at the state of the world. We practically have one whole continent that's starving, you never know when an earthquake or a tsunami is going to come and kill tens of thousands more, and Kim Kardashian remains a celebrity. If that isn't the work of a complete incompetent then I don't know what is.

I think we need a new guy up there, someone who knows what the **** their* doing. And who better to fill the position of "Intelligent Designer" than Steve Jobs. Agreed?

*edit: they're
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 01:07 pm
@kickycan,
Now this is a classic just for the title. Good job, Kick.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 02:43 pm
God forbid the "I-God" replacement... Wink
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 04:53 pm
I think Jobs may have blown his chances of promotion when he took a bite out of the apple.

Still, it's been 3 days now, and lines up perfectly with world zombie day, so...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 06:01 pm
@kickycan,
Yes.

(Hi, Kick. Terrific thread. No, don't thank me, pass the apples)
0 Replies